Saturday was the Girls on the Run 5K! Our entire season was leading up to this event. The girls trained so hard (well, some of them did) and they did so great!
Each of the girls ran with a "running buddy". Most of the running buddies were moms, but a couple of dads came out too! One older brother even ran. I was concerned that the running buddies wouldn't have what it takes to run with the girls. A couple of them are seriously fast!
 |
| The girls and their running buddies. |
It was so much fun to see all the other schools out there too. There are so many girls involved with the organization. For most of them, this was their first 5K. So it was a really big deal!
 |
| Kind of a cluster at first. |
The race was held on the Garmin campus. It was super chilly out at first, but as we got to running we warmed up. Thankfully we didn't have any rain!
 |
| Racers. |
I was so proud of my girls... and kind of shocked at how speedy they were! Our first gal to cross the finish line did it in 25 minutes. What?!
 |
| Bringing it in at the finish! |
I cannot even describe how much fun this season has been. I hope I've taught these girls half as much as they have taught me (patience grasshopper) over the last few months.
 |
| 5K Finishers!!! |
I am also so glad to have had the chance to get to know the other coaches! They are such amazing ladies and so much fun to hang out with! I can't wait for next season!!!
Girls on the Run is so much fun! :)
1 comment:
How fun! I seriously can’t believe that one of girls finished in 25 minutes……yeah, I am slow:)
Post a Comment