Or... Unexpected Problems That May Occur while you are Composting.
I love my compost bin. It is all full and by Spring I will have Super Soil which will in turn lead to Super Vegetable Garden. Dreams people. I have dreams.
We have a little plastic bin in the garage that I use for daily stuff, like banana peels and coffee grinds. But when I'm doing lots of chopping and prepping in the kitchen, I use a big ol' plastic bowl. You know Rachael Ray's Garbage Bowl? Same idea. Then I just take the whole bowl out and dump it in the compost bin. Easy.
The brown dog loves to go out to the bin with me. He seriously gets so excited when I open it up. He jumps around and freaks out over what's in there. If he'd actually look, its mostly just leaves and banana peels.
Today he got a bit too excited and decided to snag the my compost bowl right out of my hand.
Okay, funny enough. Now bring that back, Mr. Dog!
I really wasn't too concerned as he paraded around the back yard with his treasure. That is until I went to snag it back and he went into destruction mode.
 |
| Must. Destruct. Now. |
I bet it took ten seconds before he had that dang bowl in pieces.
 |
| Well that was easy. |
 |
| Chew chew chew. |
Like any good dog owner, I went and got my camera. We're way past discipline here, folks.
 |
| Bad dog. Now smile for the camera. |
 |
| Torn to shreds. |
 |
| Goodbye compost bowl. |
Someone should tell Mr. Dog that he is being very wasteful. And that isn't like a good hippie dog now is it?
 |
| Reduce Reuse Obliterate. |
 |
| Bad Hippie Dog! |
 |
| I guess he's reusing the bowl as a chew toy. |
He ran around the yard in circles with the only piece of plastic he had left. He was pretty darn proud of himself to say the least.
 |
| I am so fast! |
 |
| This is what you get for not buying me toys! |
As a consequence for his actions, Ari has been sentenced to 100 hours of community service in the form of hugging trees. He's got a lot of trees to hug to make up for being so naughty.
No comments:
Post a Comment