Monday, November 1, 2010

Easy Cheesy Lasagna

Is there anything more delightful than lasagna?  Warm, hearty, not to mention cheesy.  So wonderful!  This lasagna recipe caught my eye as I was flipping through Real Simple Magazine.  Best magazine ever!  And this lasagna was real simple... you make it in the microwave!!!  What could be easier???


Real Simple.
 Microwave Lasagna

Ingredients
  • 1 15 ounce container ricotta
  • 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
  • 2 cups grated mozzerella
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
  • Kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
  • 6 no boil lasagna noodles
Method
  • In a bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parm, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  • In the bottom of a microwave-safe 8-inch square baking dish, spread 1/2 cup sauce.  Top with 2 no-bake noodles (I used 3 for each layer!), 1/2 cup sauce, and half the ricotta mixture.  Repeat layers.  Top with the remaining 2 (3) noodles, the remaining sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
  • Cover with wax or parchment paper, then a plate, and microwave on high until noodles are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Snarf.
I just put the whole thing in and set the microwave for 20 minutes and let it do its thing.  The edges got pretty burnt and the wax paper totally melted into the cheese.  It definitely didn't turn out pretty, but once I removed the wax paper it was definitely edible. 

It was so good!  And seriously so easy!  I made it after a long day at the K-State game on Saturday and was pleased with how quickly everything came together.  The leftovers made a mighty fine lunch the next day too.

Happy {meatless} Monday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie - I had seen this recipe too! I was nervous because Microwave and Lasagna just didn't seem to jive (yeah, I used that word). Glad it was awesome! We will definitely try it out...maybe even to start a meatless day of our own! But shh, don't tell Josh, he would not be okay with meatless meals!

Jamie said...

The microwave totally jives with the lasagna!!! Just watch out for melted wax paper. And this is a totally good one to start Josh on. Its so cheesy and has tons of noodles... he won't even miss the meat!