I'm such a bad wife.
No really. You know all this baking I do? Wouldn't you think that it makes the Mister incredibly happy and joyous to have all these treats around?
It doesn't.
Anytime I bake cookies, Drew says something to the effect of, "I really like chocolate chip cookies." If I make something really snazzy (yep), he will remark that his favorite dessert is brownies. He never criticizes, he just lets me know that he'd prefer something else... specifically chocolate chip cookies or brownies.
But those are boring. Super boring. If I'm going to bake, I want to try something new! Or at least make something fun. I want it to be special.
I've finally found a way to make us both happy! When Bakerella made these Pillow Cookies, I just knew Drew would fall in love. I printed the recipe and saved it for his birthday.
He'd been out of town all week (shocker) so I wanted to surprise him. He arrived home to the delicious smell of chocolate chip cookies AND brownies. The brownie is inside the cookie! Genius.
Oh, and they are the size of your face.
| Monster Cookie. |
| Life size. |
| I just thought this one was funny. |
Seriously, I never know. I make something and I think its amazing and he's like, "meh". Not easily impressed when it comes to baked goods.
| The first bite. |
| "Dad, give me a bite." |
Whoa. Those are bold words. Especially coming from him!
| Look how excited he is. |
| That's a brownie in there. |
I followed Bakerella's recipe but I really think you could use any chocolate chip cookie dough recipe with brownies... although hers does include a smidge more baking powder and soda than you usually see. So that probably adds to the "biggness" of the cookie. That's a technical term.
Now go. Bake these cookies. And don't bother making dinner. Trust me, you won't need it.
3 comments:
Those cookies look awesome! Yum!! I am glad that Drew finally approves.
I believe I ate one of those for breakfast last week.
Chris read this, looked at me and said, "You need to make those for me." and before I could say anything he said, "I don't care." I assume he meant he doesn't care that they aren't vegan.
Post a Comment