Sunday, November 21, 2010

7 Miles and a PSA

I knocked out another long run this week: 7 miles!  My time was good, but man, I was totally dying during that last mile.  I can definitely tell my endurance has gone down the tubes in the last couple of months.  It took everything in me to finish up.  But no knee pain!

I have become totally obsessed with anything that makes any kind of claim to help knees.  I read a blog written by a gal who runs marathons and has chronic knee pain.  She posted about the knee sleeves she uses while running, so I thought - what the heck!  I bought myself one. 

It is AWESOME!

Ari thinks so too.
It has compression and a support that is supposed to keep my knee in place.  Because you know... those knees have a tendency to fly around while running.

The night before I did 7 my knee started feeling a bit achy and Drew suggested I use my knee sleeve.  I hadn't thought of using it when I wasn't running, but it worked wonders.  The compression felt so good!  And my knee was all ready for a morning run.

Gratuitous Dog Shot.

In other news...  who loves cute workout wear??? 

I do! I do!

Most of my workout gear is either from Target or something Nike that I find on sale, but I love perusing the LuLuLemon website.  Everything is so pretty!

Look at what I found:

What the...????

Lu Lu Lemon has a show room in Kansas City!  Town Center... or Park Place... whatever that place is...


It is like a super secret hidden show room up with all the offices above the stores.  Actually finding the dang place was like going through a maize.  Only the most savvy shoppers get to shop at Lu Lu. 

Consulting, Capital Management, and yoga mats.
I chatted with the sales gal and she said that Lu Lu is definitely putting in a storefront in the Kansas City area.  She knows it definitely won't be on the Plaza, and most likely will be somewhere around Town Center.  I feel like that would be the perfect place for it... but what do I know?

And what's up with all the secrecy?  How did I not know the show room was there?  Apparently they've been doing marketing at local high end gyms. 

What?  24 Hour Fitness isn't high end???  Please.

She also informed me that they will be getting a ton of new stuff for Black Friday.  Because fighting mad-crazy shoppers for over-priced yoga pants is so up my alley.  What better way to kick off the holiday shopping season?

Happy Turkey Week!!!

2 comments:

Lauren Grier said...

Yay!! I am glad that your knee is feeling better.

I love lululemon! The store in Denver has yoga classes on friday for free followed by a cocktail hour. So, genius!

Some kind of Jennifer said...

Thrilled to hear you're hitting the roads again. Maybe you've slowed enough that I can keep up with you now!