Kelly is the first of our college friends to have a baby so of course we had to do her shower up right! Ellen and I co-hosted the shower at Ellen's beautiful home. Since Kelly is having a little girl we went with the obvious color theme of pink and brown. It is so nice throwing a shower when you know the sex of the baby (wink wink Sam!). I wish I'd taken more pictures of the shower details, but I guess I got side tracked with mingling and what not. So here's what we've got:
Ellen: world's greatest punch maker. Seriously, that punch was good!

Amy & Jules: With family like this, Sophia is sure to be blessed with the pretty gene, right?!
Heather signs a note to baby Sophia:
Party favors! Remember those sweet flower pops I made for Katy's birthday? Well, they made lovely little favors for all the shower guests. Aren't they cute?!?

Now, let's take a look back 12 hours prior. Me, with my glass of wine in the middle of the night, cursing those stupid little cake pops. I think I startled Drew with the amount of f-bombs dropped. Lesson learned: 12 cake pops for a birthday gift = fun and cute. 60 cake pops in individual pots = me drunk in the middle of the night using inappropriate language. Lesson learned, lets move on.
Back to the shower... time for shower games! I wish I had a picture of Ellen reading her "Price is Right" product descriptions. Seriously, how is this girl not on Saturday Night Live? I've never met someone so funny and so good in front of a crowd. Here's me doing my best "Barker's Beauty" impression with what I believe is a $7.99 nipple brush. And here I thought it was a tiny toilet bowl brush. Good thing I'm not the one having a kid.
Best gift ever!!! Sophia will be rocking a purple tutu at all the games this fall, curtousy of Mady & Me. How cute is that?!
And, of course Miss Sophia will be a lil' sassy cat, just like her mamma!

Who comes up with this stuff?!? I'm not too familiar with the world of mommy, but there seem to be some pretty savvy ladies out there! Whoever came up with the one-armed cookbook is seriously a genius!
The hostesses and the beautiful mommy-to-be:
As Kelly so kindly pointed out: this dress has made prior appearences at Jack's baptism and Nicole's baby shower. Well, get used to it because you'll probably be seeing a lot of it this summer as I quit my real job to pursue my dreams of running dogs and being poor. That means no more money for new dresses!!!Kelly gave us these awesome aprons and serving sets as hostess gifts. You rock Kelly!!!
And, here's the star of the show: Lucy! She demolished that cake pop!!!
Not to sound creepy, but I swear Lucy looks just like I did when I was little! I'm going to have to find a baby picture and post it for comparisons sake. Can't wait to meet Miss Sophia! How lucky am I that Kelly lives right down the street and will be on maternity leave all summer long?!? I'm going to get lots of baby time!



1 comment:
I'm so glad I'm FINALLY discovering your blog, Jame! You and Ellen did such a fabulous job with the shower!
Post a Comment