I just love Gary Gribble's because they always talk to you and ask what you're training for and share stories. They are always so nice! The guy who fit me for shoes actually ran the Wichita marathon a few years ago so we got to swap stories about the most boring 10 mile stretch ever included in a marathon. While there I also loaded up (okay I went a little crazy!) on gu and chews and bars. I love trying new running snacks! From all of my taste testing I know for sure that my faves are the Clif Z-Bars. They're actually supposed to be for kids, but they taste really good and have less calories than most sports bars. They say they are made for kids on the go, and I think that pretty accurately describes me.

Oh, and I saw this sticker and just had to buy it! I don't know that I will ever actually put it on my car, but I thought it was so funny!!
Whenever I see people with the stickers on their car that say "26.2" and I always have to speed up to see who is driving. There are definitely some folks you wouldn't expect! I love that running is so open to everyone. There isn't a lot of skill (or equipment!) required to start. You just have to throw on some athletic shoes and hit the street. Its the sport for everyone. :)I'm super excited to try out the new shoes tonight! Brooke and I are going to do some hill repeats tonight after Jack goes to bed! Yea! Okay, this is my fourth pair of the same shoe, so I'm pretty sure I know what they'll feel like, but it is still the best feeling ever to run in new shoes!
And here's Mya, wondering, "Mom, what the heck are you doing standing on a chair taking pictures of shoes???"

No comments:
Post a Comment