So, my first week of marathon training was supposed to look like this:
MONDAY: Rest Day
TUESDAY: 3 Miles
WEDNESDAY: 5 Miles
THURSDAY: 3 Miles
FRIDAY: Rest Day
SATURDAY: 8 Miles
SUNDAY: Cross Train
TOTAL MILEAGE: 19 Miles
And this is what it really looked like:
MONDAY: Rest Day. I was going to try to get some miles in early in the week since we were out of town later in the week, but there was a really great thunderstorm that totally made me curl up with the puppies and enjoy the couch!
TUESDAY: 5 Miles (AM) & 4 Miles (PM). Two workouts in one day! I did an easy 5 miles in the morning by myself then 4 miles of hill work with Brooke in the evening. I guess I was playing catch up after my lazy Monday.
WEDNESDAY: Rest Day. We were traveling and I was in no mood to get up early to run! :)
THURSDAY: 4 mile easy run. I was only supposed to do 3, but my Wichita loop is 4 miles... and I'm way too impatient to walk the last mile!
FRIDAY: I'm going to go ahead and count this as cross training... even though its a bit of a stretch! Ari and I walked to Starbucks for a latte... it was 3 miles total... that counts for something right???
SATURDAY: 8 miles... on the treadmill! :( It was pouring and all I had were my new shoes and there was no way I was going to go out in the rain in them! So I suffered through all 8 miles at the YMCA. Blech.
SUNDAY: Rest Day. I am tired, and grumpy, and there is no way I'm making it to 24 Hour Fitness to do an hour on the bike. I will start that next week... I swear!
TOTAL MILEAGE: 21 Miles
So, I technically got all my workouts in that were scheduled, but I really only had 4 days of training... and counting Friday as an actual workout is kind of a stretch! As far as my training diet is concerned... FAIL! All that alcohol and buffet action did nothing to advance my training. And to be totally honest, I'm eating Cheryl's leftover chocolate pie right now. It is delicious. I will do better next week!!! No more country clubbing for me for the next 17 weeks! :)
2 comments:
now let me get this straight-
4 milers are "easy" runs and walking is not supposed to be included in the actual mileage? well this is going to be a long few months. however, i am excited to learn walking to starbucks counts as cross training.
No no no... 4 miles at an easy pace! Sorry for the confusion! :)
Post a Comment