Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rolling Hills Member-Guest Golf Tournament

We spent the last few days in Wichita so Drew could be the "guest" in the Member-Guest Golf Tournament at my dad's country club. Drew's been practicing really hard for the big tourney!!! It was definitely a super full week of golfing and cruise-themed fun!

THURSDAY:

First official day of the tournament!!! Drew & Dad went out for the first round of 18-holes and me & my mom took part in the ladies round. Check out those matching outfits!!!

Here's mom teeing off. Isn't it pretty? To give you an idea of my golf skills, I put about 5 balls in that lake you see. Honestly, we were worried that we were going to have to forefit b/c we ran out of golf balls.

But, we all know why I'm here, right? Yep, that's why.

Later that night was the kick-off party with lots of yummy food and a putting contest where I was able to show off more of my stellar golf skills. Whoops! I guess I missed that one...



We didn't get into the finals, but we had lots of fun anyways!

The putting green was transformed into a Caribbean putt-putt course, complete with the Captain!

Drew and Dad tried a couple of times, but didn't succeed in getting into the finals. To make it you had to make something like 3 holes in one. Yikes!



FRIDAY:
The boys went out bright and early for another 18 holes. Meanwhile, my mom and I attended a Ladies Luncheon. I'm serious. Does this sound like some sort of stereotypical country club where the men golf and the "ladies" sit around and sip tea? Well, sort of... but whatever. We had fun!

And it wasn't tea we were drinking... it was wine! I'm not a huge white wine fan, but after this wine tasting event, I'm hooked! When have I ever turned down 3 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of champagne before noon? Okay, when has anyone offered it to me? I could definitely get used to this.

The dining room looks out over the 18th hole and it turned out that Dad & Drew were on the 18th hole as we were sitting down to lunch. So we were able to see them play! Here's Drew putting for a birdie, right after my mom screamed, "Hey Guys!!!" In case you were wondering, he missed.

And check out our cute little party favors! They're these hand-made flat vases. They had a million different colors and shapes to choose from, but I obviously chose the one that came with a pink flower. :) Adorable!


We finished lunch and the boys finished their first 18 and we were off to the "horse race." Don't know what that is? It is basically a whole bunch of guys playing the same hole at the same time and the teams with the worst scores at the end of each hole get kicked out of the game. Sounds mean, right? That's why me and my mom decided to drive in the cart and follow the guys around rather than play in the women's horse race. Here's Drew chipping in front of the other players. Talk about nerve racking!!!

And here's my dad, about to put it in the hole!

Again, we all know why I'm here. I decided to switch to Budlight Lime... because I guess I was feeling pretty festive after all that wine. It makes me a better cheerleader!

Look how cute Drew & Dad are! They are even standing alike! I love it.

Here's me & Keith. He pulled up when I was teeing off the day before and told me I play like shit. This guy doesn't mince words I guess. He ended up winning the horse race too!


And Drew and Dad took 2nd place!!!


Awww... Dad has a North West Grizzly Golf bag! He's so cute.

All that golf was followed by Casino Night. We played about a million games of BINGO and didn't win a darn thing!

Looks like BINGO is getting pretty intense. Calm down Dad!


We're BINGO Champions at heart.


Later I won $32,000 playing Roulette, then lost it by putting it all on Black. Dang it... I could have used that money to buy a new dress (notice repeat budget dress below). This is why I don't gamble in Vegas.


SATURDAY:
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I wasn't playing golf today! It rained ALL day. The guys went out for an 8:30 tee time and didn't get back until 6:00 that night because of all the rain delays. I can't imagine how tired they must have been!
My mom and I spent the day going to the gym, shopping, going out to lunch... and visiting Sam!!! I know, right? She's not posting belly pics on her blog, so I'll do it! OMG. How freaking cute is she?!?! Look at her tiny little baby belly!!!

Next came the big awards dinner. Oh yeah, just like Prom!


And now one with the whole family. Aren't we precious?

AND, Drew and Dad took second place in the horse race AND the overall tournament! Woot woot!
That isn't real money, its just money you can use in the Pro Shop. So naturally we went over there to spend it. I tried to convince Drew to buy me this pink golf bag. I promised to start playing if he did, but he bought himself some golf goodies instead... poor me. Wouldn't you play golf if you got to carry this bag??


SUNDAY:
So, now we're home and I'm exhausted. I'm totally detoxing right now after more drinking than I've done since college... and it was with my mom! I'll be sticking to water for the next few days! Thanks mom & dad for a great weekend! We had lots of fun!!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

are you really double fisting with the captain???

Jamie said...

Yes I am. It was a long few days... and it took a lot of beer to get me through!