Thursday, June 25, 2009

Black Out!!!

We had the worst ever 5-minute storm in PV history last night. It took down a tree in our back yard which fell on a power line and took out power on the whole block. Worse yet... Drew is out of town!!! So, when disaster strikes... you can either FREAK OUT or you can do what I do... go out for ice cream. I'm just glad I have neighbors who share my philosophy on disaster preparation.


And thank goodness TCBY didn't lose power!!! Yummo!

After ice cream we went to Target to buy flashlights. Gotta be prepared, right? And what better place to goof off and kill time while your lights are out???


I bought the largest, cheapest flashlight available and was genuinely surprised when it wouldn't work when I got home. Come on Jamie, quit being so cheap!

The power was still out when I got home!!! So I lit some candles and the puppies were VERY confused! I went to bed only to be woken up at 2:30 AM to a KCP&L employee tramping through our yard with a flashlight. We have an easement on our property b/c all of the utility lines are in our back yard (remember back to Real Estate class Jana & Kelly!). Well, that guy brought all his other KCP&L friends and they worked in our back yard until 6am! I swear it sounded like there was a party back there! You would think they'd be quiet since it was the middle of the night, but no. They were hollering at each other and making a ton of noise. I guess I should be grateful that they finally got the power back on, but it definitely made for a long tired day! Katy didn't get power until this afternoon!!!

1 comment:

Just Jana said...

Excellent use of your real estate knowledge...I don't remember what that means though. They can come on your property any time? Do they pay you for this? Check into that. :) Love the pic in Target. You're such a cute little home-maker!!! And great job on your marathon training! Wow!