"How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?" - Uncle Rico
Tonight was our monthly Gamma Phi Beta Wednesday Night Dinner and we tried out a little Italian joint in Overland Park: Ricco's Italian Bistro. We had such a fun time... and we even got to meet a new addition to the family!
| Hi Ellen! |
| Is that a baby in your shirt? |
Ellen brought baby Breven to dinner in a sling. He's two weeks old today and this was actually his first trip out of the house. He picked a good night to go out.
And so did we. Ricco's has daily specials and the Wednesday special happens to be $5 off any bottle of wine. Thank goodness for Kait or I'd have had to call Drew for a ride home! The only thing about getting a whole bottle of wine is that they do the whole fancy show you the bottle thing.
| Looks good to me! |
Since I was the one who ordered it, he made me try it after he opened it and before he poured our glasses. Like I know what I'm tasting here... "Ahh yes, this tastes just like the Yellow Tail I usually purchase." Who wants to take a wine tasting class with me?
| Love you, Kait. Love you, Malbec. |
| Enjoying some salads. |
I had heard really great things about the pizza at Ricco's. So I ordered the Italian Veggie: Artichoke Dip, Spinach, Roasted Red Peppers, Mushrooms, and Capers.
| It. Was. Good. |
I ate the whole thing. Seriously. I'll do that after half a bottle of wine. Imagine what would happen after a whole bottle. Meggy ordered Margarita Pizza and it looked pretty stellar too. (Meggy, why didn't I take any pictures of you and your pizza???)
Kait ordered a bowl of Fettuccini Pesto: Chicken sauteed with mushrooms, tomato, and garlic, in a rich pesto cream sauce tossed with fettuccini.
| Mmmm... |
And Ellen, who just had a baby, ordered a salad. Typical. Coconut Chicken Salad: Flash-fried, coconut breaded chicken tenderloin, mixed greens, roma tomatoes, artichoke hearts, grilled pineapple, cheddar jack cheese with honey mustard dressing.
| "I'm a mommy." |
The atmosphere was really nice, even though they stuck us in the back by the kitchen. The food was awesome. Our waiter was super nice and friendly... even when I was making a fool of myself during the whole wine bottle opening thing. BUT, the service was so slow. I mean, we had a table of hungry girls (It's Ash Wednesday... we've been fasting), and it took a really long time to take our order... get our salads... bring the entrees.
Luckily we had
Anyways, besides the slowishness, Ricco's was really great. I would definitely go back for the amazing food and cheap wine specials!
6 comments:
Fun pics! Never been there, but will have to try it out!
Uncle Ricco is probably one of my favorite characters from Napoleon Dynamite. I miss Wednesday night dinners…such pretty friends!
Congrats to Ellen!
I wish i could go to Wednesday night dinners...'pout'. I'd say me and Jess could do them...but that chick is super hard to make plans with these days!!
Your Uncle Rico quote made me laugh out loud. At my desk. At work.
I want to go to a wine tasting class with you!
Remind me to tell you why the Uncle Rico quote really fit with me today...
Post a Comment