Thursday, March 24, 2011

S&M

We've all heard Rihanna's new song, right?  What do you think?

Honestly, I'm a huge Rihanna fan.  Not so much a fan of this song.  I think there is a point when people are just trying to be controversial for controversy's sake.  And this is it.

Clearly its popular amongst others though...

At Girls on the Run practice we run a quarter mile loop around several soccer and baseball fields.  Today there was a group of middle school boys practicing on one of the soccer fields.  Every time the girls looped back around to me they'd complain that the boys were staring at them or making mean comments.  I told them just to ignore the boys.

One of my girls came around and told me that one of the boys had called her dumb, but she just told him "Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me."

O. M. G.

What is the appropriate response here???  I know it wasn't the one I gave; which was to pee my pants a little and send her on her way before I burst out laughing. 

I don't know that either me or Rihanna is making a great impression on these little girls.

3 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

Lol! I love that song. I listen to it while cooking almost every night. And sing along loudly, "I may be bad but I'm PERFECTLY GOOD AT IT!"

Lauren Grier said...

Rhihanna is crazy! Which is probably why we love her:)

The McGuire's said...

Wow....