Warning: This post is about a million pictures long of mostly the same picture, featuring mostly the same people. You don't have to look, but each and every one made me laugh. So I couldn't cut any out.
After Laurie's shower on Saturday, we went out for a night on the town; Ta-Town. I don't do this very often. Mostly because I'm never home. And also because there are a select few people I actually enjoy seeing in Wichita. And for the most part they were all there on Saturday.
We started the night at the Coonrods'. Just like old times. Only this time Laurie was knocked up so we ended up drinking with her mom. She poured us fancy shots.
 |
| So fancy. |
We didn't stay long, because like I said, Laurie is knocked up and couldn't really partake in our fun. The Coonrod house was where we always hung out in high school, so it was no surprise that they waited until we were good and gone to renovate the whole thing.
It is gorgeous. But I have to show you my favorite part. Yep. It's the bar:
 |
| Probably good this wasn't around in high school. |
Next we headed to the classiest joint in Wichita. No, we didn't go to Denim & Diamonds. But let me tell you, I've been there. And it was fun. But Saturday we went to the Scotch & Soda instead. It was karaoke night!
 |
| Saw these fools, briefly. |
 |
| Nicky: Queen of the Self-Portrait. |
This next pic is of Nicky & Ashley line dancing. But please check out the dude behind Nicky. He was having the time of his life living out his own personal version of
Step Up. He sang. He danced. He even gave a speech on the microphone. It was his night.
 |
| Bust it. |
 |
| More self-portraits. |
BFF Preston joined us. I keep trying to lure him into moving to KC with promises of pretty single friends, but he ain't budging.
 |
| This would be so cute if I wasn't making that face. |
The nice thing about the Scotch is, you don't really see people you don't want to see from high school. Oh, wait.
 |
| Uhhhhh... |
This next photo is not of Preston & Nicky loving on each other. You have to look beyond them to get a glimpse of the awesomeness that is the Scotch.
 |
| This wasn't the worst of it! |
 |
| Whatcha doin' B? |
Next pic: This guy came up to Nicky and asked her if she'd like to dance. He said that he really loved this song and would love to dance with her to it. She lied and said she was married to Matt Long. He said something like, "Oh, okay. I just really like this song." Nicky felt
so bad for hurting his feelings and how he seemed like such a nice guy. Umm... the song that was playing? Tenacious D. The one that says something about "I'm gonna f*#$ you hard." She didn't feel so bad after she found out. But she did ask for a picture with the weirdo.
 |
| Tenacious. |
Nick-Dawg stole my camera and went at it with herself. She's always had a mild problem with vanity.
 |
| Love! |
 |
| Ashley & Casey. |
 |
| More Nicky. |
 |
| Still more. |
 |
| OMG. You have a problem. |
 |
| "What is going on here?" |
 |
| What the... |
 |
| Those are my boozy eyes. |
 |
| And that's Brandy's drunken lean. |
 |
| Lean it the other way B! |
 |
| GC. That's for you, Laurie. |
 |
| Brandy's Cooper impression. Or is she being a sad monkey? |
 |
| Now I'm doing the Brandy lean and she's doing squats. |
 |
| And now we're all a little boozy-eyed. |
 |
| I don't know why I think this is so funny. |
 |
| Oh no. |
 |
| Brandy by her lonesome. |
 |
| Poor P. Surrounded by married women. |
 |
| Brandy's been with Willie since Freshman year in HS!!! |
 |
| That's the "I love you" head tilt. |
 |
| Nicky will eat your face. |
 |
| Bonus points if you can find Brandy in this picture. |
 |
| Ghetto Nicky... and falling over Jamie & Brandy. |
 |
| And we're out. |
I cannot even explain how much fun I had in Wichita with my friends. It was a lot. And I didn't even get to karaoke. Although Preston kept telling me he signed me up to sing Party in the USA. I thought, "Wow! You really are a good friend!" But it never came on. I think he was lying.
There was also a lot of talk about our upcoming reunion this summer. I hadn't actually been all that interested
until I found out about a little pre-reunion festivities that got me
all worked up. Now I can't wait!
Love you friends!!!
2 comments:
Ha! I love all the pics! I remember when I used to ride around with you and Nicky to Honeybear stuff and think I was pretty cool for hanging out with the upperclassmen:). And then Nicky decided to initiate me Sophomore year and pour barbeque sauce and eggs on my head. Wichita Northwest at its finest!
Jamie- you are a douchebag. Jeff Gillum
Post a Comment