Monday, March 28, 2011

Huevos Rancheros

Disclaimer:  This is not an actual recipe.  This is just directions on how to layer ingredients onto a plate and call it dinner.  We all have those nights, right?

I love eggs!  They are my go-to when our dinner options are scarce.  But sometimes Drew gets this look on his face when I tell him we're having eggs & toast for dinner... that guy is way spoiled.  He super duper loves this recipe throw-together meal though.

Huevos Rancheros

Ingredients:
  • Polenta (you can buy it premade or make it yourself)
  • Refried beans
  • Shredded cheese
  • Eggs
  • Salsa
Method:
  • Heat a skillet over medium high and "fry" polenta until golden and crispy on each side.  You can use olive oil or just non-stick spray.

You can sprinkle a bit of paprika on top.
  •  Heat beans and layer on top of polenta.
Holy Frijole!
  •  Now top the beans with some shredded cheese.
Queso.
  •  On top of the cheese goes a fried egg or two.
Huevos.
  •  Serve with salsa and enjoy!

Ole!

This is seriously the easiest and quickest meal ever.  Of course, I'm pretty sure I could add salsa to just about anything and Drew would be happy enough to eat it.  I'm not a huge fan of the salsa and cheese, so I keep mine simple:

Polenta & egg & beans.  Perfecto.
Happy {meatless} Monday!

Feliz Lunes {sin carne}!

1 comment:

Trophy Wife said...

Ahem. Dead baby chickens. :) Bahahaha! Just kidding. But while I'm on the topic, I saw this article today that I thought was really good but had no effect on me. http://www.jlgoesvegan.com/post/4081215028/vegan-101-the-ethics-of-veganism