Thursday, October 15, 2009

How Long Will I Be Sick?

I am sick. Seriously, I am sick. Like, chills then hot flashes, sore throat, tight chest, gross, hate the world sick. I am not happy. This all started on Tuesday... and has progressively gotten worse since then. With the marathon two days away, I am not happy.

So, I'm wondering how long this kind of thing lasts. What do you do when you are wondering something? You Google. So I Googled "how long will i be sick?" I click on the link to Yahoo Answers and come to a page where "Amy J" asked, "How long does it take to get over a cold? I'm sick! I can't be sick!" That sounds pretty similar to me right about now.

The answer from someone named "Smiley": "I am sick too, and I really hate being sick, but sometimes we just have to deal with it. Someone once told me that God knows when we need to slow down in our lives, and so we get sick because we are forced to rest and take care of ourselves."

Really? Really Smiley??? GFY. I bet you aren't running 26 miles on Saturday.

Anyways, please send good vibes my direction that I may somehow miraculously get over this thing by Saturday morning! If anyone has any advice on how to speed recovery, I'm all ears!

4 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

Boo! Devastated! This is terrible. I am soooooo sorry! What does GFY mean? Good for you? Go f yourself? :)

Unknown said...

I have a very tiny confession to make...my cousin who was at our house this weekend is sick. So sick that they took her to the doctor and found out she has Influenza A, which is a subtype of H1N1. We just found out last night. I was going to call Kelly since I held Soph quite a bit. We aren't sick but maybe it got to you...feel like making a trip to the doc?

Kelly Michael said...

I am sick as well!! Dang being sick. Luckily Sophie isn't sick yet. I will send you all the good vibes I have. Love you

Jamie said...

No worries Emily! I'm pretty sure I got it in Hays this weekend because my mom & dad are sick too. So don't feel bad!

Deanna, yes. :)