Monday, October 12, 2009

Cookie Monster

I love to bake. And I love cookies. Who doesn't love cookies, right? Katy gave me this version of Better Homes and Gardens The Ultimate Cookie Book for my birthday last year and sometimes I just pull it out and flip through the pages drooling over all the cookie possibilities. I imagine heaven to be pretty similar to the pages of this book.The recipe I chose was titled Jumbo Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. That's Monster Cookies to you regular folks. I don't think there is anything better than Monster Cookies in the whole wide world. You've got everything: peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and M&M's. Oh yum.

My favorite thing about making cookies (besides the entire jar of peanut butter called for) is getting to use my electic mixer. I love this thing. If you haven't noticed I have a serious obsession with my kitchen utensils... they're all so pretty. As always, my little helpers were at foot, wishing and praying to the peanut butter gods that I'd drop something.
Mmm... fresh baked cookies!
Close up! If I were a better photographer you'd be able to taste it through your screen.
Next step: wrap them up and take them to the post office. Drew and I are unable to keep cookies in our house. If I've ever met someone as bad with cookies as me, it is definitely Drew! We have no self control.
Random story: in college Sam, Blair, Kylie and I wanted to make monster cookies so we just googled the recipe, went to the store to buy the ingredients and started mixing. Eventually we had to switch to a bigger mixing bowl because our dough outgrew the original. How many cookies does this make? 12 dozen. What??? Yep.

So everyone we knew had cookies delivered to them that night, including our next door neighbors. We finished ours off over the weekend, because we're hungry girls! Well, for the next few days we kept walking by the neighbor boys house and peeking in their window to see that the plate of cookies was left untouched in their kitchen!!! So being the hungry girls that we were, we broke into their house and stole our cookies back. Stupid boys.

Can anyone tell me why my pictures come out blurry when I don't use the flash?

No comments: