Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Everyone must have known that Drew was out of town for my birthday last Wednesday and felt really sorry for me! Because my date card was full last week. My week started with large margaritas on Monday with Hannah and Kelly, my old co-workers. Tuesday was more Mexican food with the girls, plus brownies at Katy's! Wednesday (my actual birthday) was sushi with the Greens. Thursday I hung out with my BFF Hal. And Friday was brunch with my favorite waffle-loving bankers Kelly & Katrina. Oh, and I just got back from birthday dinner and seriously delicious coconut cake with the in laws. Have I mentioned how awesome they are? Yeah, I thought so.

I have so many amazing friends, I didn't even feel that bad that my silly husband ditched me for sunny Orlando on my birthday. And, seeing as I couldn't run all week, all these birthday celebrations have left more of me to love; I'd say a good 5 pounds more! :)

Drew returned home on Friday with the promise of another birthday celebration. He made dinner! I told him my only stipulation was that I wanted tots. I'd been craving tots since the sushi on Wednesday. Don't ask! Drew decided to grill portabello burgers since grilling is his specialty.

The chef marinating some shrooms:
Mmmm! They're so yummy!I'm not used to dinner being made for me! Drew is an excellent cook, but I usually make the meals around the Gibby house.

Then he even made me a birthday cake! It had two layers of frosting. Clearly you know why I married the guy; he knows just what I like!
Adding the candles:

Nothing makes me happier than cake! And sweat pants. :)
Make a wish! I wished for a really flattering picture of me blowing out my candles. I guess not all birthday wishes come true.We didn't have 27 candles, so Drew tried to shape the candles we did have into a big 2-7. You can kind of see it, right? I have no idea why we had candles in the first place.


Check out the homemade chocolate and peanut butter frostiness. Oh yeah, so good!
Point of my story is; my husband rocks. He makes me tots and cake. I love love love him.

Thanks to everyone who celebrated the big 2-7 with me. I have high hopes for this being a really great year. I count myself as extremely blessed to have so many incredible people to share this little journey called life!

No comments: