Friday, October 16, 2009

RIP LBD

In what I can only assume was a medicated state of chaos, I washed my little black dress yesterday. It's dry clean only! I'm so sad. You know when you've had something in your wardrobe for a really long time and it just is there for you no matter what? That was my LBD, as I'm sure it is everyone's LBD. I'm so sad.

I wore it to a wedding (the same wedding that got me sick!) this weekend, but I don't actually have any good pics of it. Here's what the top looks like:


It was just black with a lace overlay from Banana... something that should never ever be put in the wash. BTW, this is my cousin Sarah and if you want to see ridiculous amounts of cuteness check out her blog Bubs & Chubs on my sidebar. People related to me have really cute kids.

So, in slightly better news, your feel-good-vibes must have been working because I started to feel much better last night. I remembered I'd had a medicated moment of panic yesterday afternoon, realizing that my parents were staying with us this weekend and I should probably clean something. That something was laundry. When I opened the washer, in a very un-medicated state, I almost had a panic attack. Any and everything was in the washer. Lights, darks, delicates, jeans, my dress! WTF??? I'm very nazi-ish when it comes to the wash... I never do this.

Now the lace has come apart from the dress and crinkled up in a strange way. The bottom is very uneven and one of the sleeves ripped. I'm so sad. I wish she didn't have to go out this way. I wish it could have been in a bar fight or in a tornado, or something more exciting than me being an idiot.

Thank you for listening to my sad sad story about my wonderful dress. You'll be missed good friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it can't be washed in cold water and dried on low, it isn't in my closet. If it can't be spit up on, smeared oatmeal on, or have juice spilled on, I don't own it. But above all of that, if it needs ironed, it definitely doesn't belong to me. Motherhood, it's great...

Jody said...

Sorry to hear of your loss! But glad to know you're feeling better. Good luck at your race this weekend!