And on with the show.
So, when I was little we never really took vacations to anywhere cool like Disney Land or the Grand Canyon. We always went to Kansas City. Awesome I know. I'm actually living in our favorite vacation spot. It's like a dream come true. Naturally we had to take pictures:

This next one isn't quite as funny, but has significant sentimental value. This was our family reunion the summer after my senior year in high school. That was the trip that Jessi and I reconnected and became friends again. And here we are years later and I couldn't imagine my life without her! Tear. Love you Jess! Oh, and can someone please get me to a hair stylist?

Yea! Mom & Dad's wedding! Those are some sweet tuxes.

Oh good, here's one from back in the day when I actually cut my hair... or rather someone put a bowl on my head and trimmed.

This right here is maybe my all-time favorite picture. I still have it framed and it has gone with me to every house I've ever lived at. Maybe this has something to do with my Oreo love.

So, I went through a phase where I didn't smile. You know, I was really into that whole teen angst thing. Whatev. There were a lot of pictures to choose from the "no smiling" era, but I thought this one would give you a pretty clear picture. Again with the hair.

And here's one of my dad. He said maybe if he appeared in the blog more often he'd actually read it. I don't really believe him. More importantly, what kind of wedding is this with hooded bridesmaids?!? 
Everyone had a picture on a ladder right? This was my favorite dress. Oh how I loved it! Please tell me acid wash denim is coming back in style!

Clearly I had a keen eye for fashion from an early age:
Everyone had a picture on a ladder right? This was my favorite dress. Oh how I loved it! Please tell me acid wash denim is coming back in style!

3 comments:
Hilarious! I'm done looking so you can put the pics back now. :) Can we talk about the sweater and the yellow nail polish in the no smiling picture? Cause they are both AWESOME!
I have a lot of comments for this post.
1. Congratulations on living in your vacation spot. Not many people can claim that. You are special.
2. Ahhh. We did reconnect over tennis outfits and "credit cards". Remember that room service?
3. The bows on your dress seem to get bigger in time.
4. I think you could tell at a young age that cookies, specifically Oreos, get me really excited. That picture started me down this path. Its still cute though...
5. I'm glad you started smiling. We had that picture up on our fridge for a really long time. I was scared of you.
6. That hat is awesome. I was just so classy. Where did that go?
Good post. I very much enjoyed the pictures.
awkwardfamilyphoto.com
take a gander...
Post a Comment