If you've never heard of the Cake Doctor series, you are seriously missing out! The books take a simple cake mix and turn it into something extraordinary! There are several versions, but I'd never even heard of Cupcakes!. After dad-in-law, Tom, brought over my gifts last week I sat and read through every single recipe in the book. Every. Single. One. After much deliberation (and drooling!), I finally decided on Cinnamon Toast Cupcakes. I was making them for Saturday's game, which was at 11:30. That means breakfast tailgating! I figured "Toast" works for breakfast. They're like breakfast cupcakes, right? Plus, you know about my cinnamon obsession.
The recipe started out with a regular box of yellow cake mix:
In addition to adding the standard three eggs and vegetable oil, you add pudding, whole milk, and a whole bunch of cinnamon. Bake 'em up!
Here's a frosted little guy, about to be eaten:
Mmmm... cupcakes make tailgating even better! Right Bryan?
These were good. Like, I'm not even kidding. They were really good. My only complaint is that the cupcakes were too easy to eat!
I have a list going and tons of pages marked in this book with recipes I will be trying: Black Bottom Cupcakes, Inside Out Peanut Butter Cupcakes, Little Pumpkin Cinnamon Cakes, Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes, Coconut Snowballs... the list goes on.
Besides just recipes, the book is also full of tips and lists like "10 steps to Sensational Cupcakes", what to keep in your pantry, how to decorate cupcakes effortlessly, and lots of other tasty tidbits to make you a master at cupcakes. This is definitely going to be one of my most used (and most loved) cookbooks!

6 comments:
Yum Yum!! I need a pumpkin recipe for this weekend, but who knows if i will be able to find canned pumpkin. Help a girl out here. On a completely random note, I was casually searching through blogs (like I do when I need a break from work) and found this http://iamtooprettyforthis.blogspot.com/ I think we would be friends with her!!
Kel! Go to Hen House (Corinth) and stock up! They had tons of pumpkin when I was there on Friday! I have pumpkin cupcake and muffin recipes so let me know if you want me to send you one!
Checking out blog right now. :)
Ladies...whole foods also has TONS of pumpkin filling. I thought of you Jamie, cause I don't really like pumpkin.
But cinnamon cream cheese frosting? Yes, please. Tailgating with cupcakes? Yes, please!
Okay, wow, those cupcakes look amazing. And Jamie, whether or not anyone else wants the pumpkin cupcake and muffin recipes, I most certainly do!
I found your site thanks to Google Analytics, which told me a few people had made their way over from here. Thank you for reading and sharing!
Um, yes...Those were the BEST cupcakes. DELICIOUS! Flattering pictures of me as well :).
I want to try the coconut snowball cupcakes when you make them - like when you come home for the holidays. MOM
Post a Comment