Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rally Time

The Gibsons (myself included) are big KSU football fans. We love K-State Football. And we love Bill Snyder. So much so, we decided to throw a party in his honor. Saturday was the return of the Annual Football Kick-Off Party. See those pictures on the wall below? Those are all these collages of pictures from previous parties. Ever since Drew and I started dating I've heard about these parties and seen the pictures, but for some reason when I came around the parties stopped. I was thrilled to hear we were bringing it back this year in honor of Bill!

Before I get into the millions of pictures from the night... a word about my in-laws. You know how everyone has a story about their crazy mother-in-law or bitchy sister-in-law? Not here. My in-laws rock. Seriously, I was so blessed to find the love of my life, but then to find out that I get to be a part of such an amazing family was like icing on the cake. Oh, and they throw a killer party. On with the pictures...

Twinnies:


Getting the party started:


Cheryl getting the party started. You can't really tell, but that pinata has Ron's pictures all over it. When someone (Brett) finally knocked it open it was stuffed with million dollar bills. Hilarious. Well, I think the kids were a little disappointed as they were expecting candy, but we thought it was funny.

Nick wore an MU shirt. What??? He was a big hit anyway... lucky he's got a lovely girlfriend and a killer stuffed jalapeno recipe!


Bill Snyder is the new Bill Snyder. Right Ellen?

My favorite running partner!!! Nothing makes me happier than Drunk Brooke.


See how much they love my sugar cookies!!!

Katy shoots a jello shot:

The previously mentioned totally awesome family I married into:

When I drink I like to take pictures of people when they aren't watching... so this is Mr. Boyd dancing with the pinata on his head (I think that's what that is) and pom-poms on his behind. Whatev.
Brett's team won 2nd place in K-State Jeopardy. Yep, there were medals handed out. I told you we were excited!

Todd and Gail had the most awesome T-shirts of the night. Todd's said, "Todd & Bill: BFF" and Gail's said "Bill & Gail Forever." Holy hilariousness.

Its not a party until Tom starts dancing.

Pool game in progress, but the important part of this picture is the poster contest against the wall. I cannot believe how funny these were. There are funny people at this party.

More fun with friends:

Huddle???

Drunk:

Nancy is like the all-star of party planning. The party had its own cups. You don't get much better than that.

Hmmm... drunk Bryan is another of my favorite things. No parade tonight, but lots of funny pictures with big hands.

Hey Brooke, how many miles did you run today??? Yeah, we're showing off.

More fun with Drunk Bryan:

Bryan + Brett + big furry paw hands = BFF.

And the night takes a turn for the worse. Why Todd? Why?

Don't do it Brooke...

Ahhh crap. Now we're all doing it.

And here it is... the best thing to happen to me and my camera in a very long time. I cannot help but bursting out laughing every time I see this picture. I'd totally make this my profile picture if it weren't linked to my dog-blog. Seriously, how does this happen???

Grant shows off his bartending skills with even more unnecessary shots.

Bryan gives this party two regular sized thumbs up.

Seriously??? More???


Bachman passed out on the couch, so we tied balloons to him... to try to keep him up. Get it? No? Anyways...

I think we officially rallied in the new season. I had an awesome time. I can't wait to see what this season brings!

1 comment:

Trophy Wife said...

This post just made my day. What do I have to do to get an invite next year. That photo of you is hilarious and the only thing funnier is the pinata with Ron Prince all over it. I never liked that guy!