Monday, August 31, 2009

Head for the Cure

Sunday was my first 5K! When I really decided to take running seriously I just kind of jumped into a half marathon and skipped over all the shorter races. So this was pretty exciting for me! Not only was it my first 5K, but it was also Jack's!

Here we are getting psyched up for the big race. Jack got too psyched up and threw up right after I took this picture. I think it was nerves.

Team Clark:
He's not even a year old yet, but already a dedicated athlete.
He dropped that binky a few times on the race course and we had to stop to pick it up. Its either a rookie mistake or he was trying to sabotage the runners behind us by tripping them with his binky.
The race went really well. Since we'd run 18 the day before we decided to just walk this one. Well, maybe a quarter mile into it we decided that wasn't going to work. We spent the first mile bobbing and weaving to make our way through all the walkers so we could run. By the end we really got competitive and were trying to pass all the other strollers. Jack and I agreed that the best part of the race was the ice cream at the finish line!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Holy cute baby. Love those curls. Glad the race went well after that wine...

Kaitlin said...

how we didn't run, or walk, into each other at the culver's booth i will never know. unless you were there while i was getting two cookies to make my own ice cream sandwich.

or i might have been eating the donuts...

if they have this much free food at a 5k, i can only imagine the marathon!