Friday, August 14, 2009

F U DQ.

You know the commercial where the guy answers the door eating a Blizzard and the Girl Scout tells him he could cram more cookies in and his subconscience screams, "Get the Thin Mints!" Yeah, I laugh out loud every time. Then my subconscience screams at me, "Go to Dairy Queen!" I've been on this peanut butter kick lately and I've been dying to try the Peanut Butter Pattie Blizzard!

I was so excited when Drew asked me on a DQ date tonight. He's been gone for two weeks! And he's been dying to try the Brownie Batter Blizzard. Who does DQ advertising??? Its working. When we showed up at 9:15, DQ was closed!!! Sadness. Serious sadness. What's the next best thing? Sheridan's. Culver's was closer.


Drew was a little apprehensive but perked right up when he saw that Culver's has a Brownie Batter Concrete. This is him before he took his first bite:


I don't have an after photo, but it wasn't good. The "brownie" had the consistency of gum drops. They had a funny after-taste that totally ruined the icecream. Blech.

I didn't get my PB fix, but I did get a yummy Snickers concrete... that I had to share with Drew. We threw his out. Seriously, we threw away a full concrete. Who are we???

Drew will black list you without a second thought. We won't be going to Culver's anymore. Add that one to the list... along with Spangle's. He wasn't very happy with DQ either, but we're giving them another chance. This is why we never stray from Sheridan's! Mmm... Royal Turtle.

Who wants to go on a DQ date with me???

3 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

I have been wanting the Tagalong blizzard since I first saw that commercial. Also, it's a hilarious commercial. Chris and I went the other night, I got the tagalong, he got the thin mint. Honestly, it wasn't amazing. It was just ok. Not enough cookie pieces. I only ate like 1/4 of it, it was too much fat for my stomach to take now!

Just Jana said...

Look at your cute short hair in the pic! Yay!
I love DQ...but they are seriously few and far between around here. I'm trying to love KC...but no Dillons...and DQ all the way across town? Geez! :)

Jamie said...

I know! Drew took me to the ghetto for DQ and it wasn't even open!!!