Fertilizer!!! OMG. I freaked out!!! And seriously, there were two huge bags of dog food 3 feet away from the fertilizer. Why would she rip into that bag rather than her food? My dog is messed up. Guilty Face:
I called Mission Med Vet (I have the number saved in my phone, along with Poison Control) and ended up hanging up on them because they put me on hold for too long. I called PV Animal Hospital, which is where her regular doctor is, and totally freaked out the gal that answered the phone. She asked exactly what and how much Mya ate... MiracleGro Organic Fertilizer... maybe a cup or so, hard to tell. While she put me on hold to check with the doctor I started preparing for the worst...
Can you tell I've induced vomiting before??? I came home from a run last summer to find Ari had snacked his way through a citronella candle. Why is it always when I go running??? Just an FYI: to induce vomiting you have to give them a certain amount of hydrogen peroxide per pound. You give it to them with a baby medicine dropper since they obviously won't take it on their own. Unless you are Ari. He sucked that hydrogen peroxide down like it was gravy. Not surprising I guess. I mean, he ate half a citronella candle... he's obviously got a unique sense of taste.Back to Mya... the vet tech finally came back to the phone and told me to calm down! The doctor said that because Mya had consumed organic fertilizer, she should be fine. OMG. Seriously??? I am counting my blessings that I decided to keep my sad little garden organic!!! Isn't that crazy? I'm shocked. I was really preparing myself for a traumatic morning of vet visits and vomiting. Go organic. If not for yourself, for your loved ones! Especially if your dog is as hungry as mine!
Speaking of hungry dogs... Mya is also itchy. I just started her on a special diet. She's been extremely itchy this summer. She's so miserable, and she wasn't responding to the medicine her vet prescribed. So we went to Brookside Barkery and now she's grain free which the lovely people at the Barkery said would help with the itching. The bag is half the size of her other food and twice the price.

No comments:
Post a Comment