Monday, August 24, 2009

Sugar Cat Cookies

I bet you thought I was going to skip the cookbook recipe from last week! Nope, I'm just running a bit behind in my posting. I waited until Saturday to make my recipe for the week and then all the hoo-ha going on since then has kept me from posting pics. Oh, and I didn't really take pics. So here's a picture from the internet of the book I used this week:

Someone (don't remember who!!!) gave me this cookbook at a bridal shower and I fell in love. It is seriously the best cookbook ever. So when Drew's mom asked me to make sugar cookies for the Kickoff Party this weekend I decided to try the recipe from this book.

The resulting cookie dough was... meh. I'm kind of an expert on cookie dough. Raw eggs or not, I'm going to eat it. This stuff didn't taste good enough to continue tasting... probably a good thing for my tummy. It was also really sticky and I kept having to stick it back into the freezer after rolling it out. While the taste wasn't the best, the cookies turned out pretty darn cute.



The purple sugar is a little messy, but at this point I was running super late (that's not like me, right?) and didn't have time to clean them up. The frosting was called "powdered sugar frosting" in the book, but it was essentially Royal Icing. When I went to pull out the powdered sugar to make the frosting I couldn't find it anywhere. Come on, I know I just recently bought a new bag... where the heck is it??? Oh right. Mya ate that bag. Off to Hen House I go! That dog owes me like $2.00 for powdered sugar, $3.00 for pancake mix, and like $100 for all the bananas, pears, and peaches she's devoured in the last few months.

Anyways, there you go... love the cookbook, but not this recipe. I'll be trying another for tailgates. And hopefully I can keep Mya's greedy paws away from my baking essentials.

No comments: