This was a really good week of running. And after the last couple of weeks, I needed a good week of running! Its nice to remember why I started this in the first place. Scheduled runs are in PINK and actual run is in PURPLE.
MONDAY: Rest Day / Rest Day. I needed it. The 11 miles of hills on Sunday kicked my butt.
TUESDAY: 4 Miles / 4 Miles.
WEDNESDAY: 8 Miles / 8 Miles & 30 minutes bike. We planned our run for later in the day so I forced myself to the gym for some early morning bike action. I don't know how we get so lucky, but Brooke and I met at Roe Park to run and it was looking super ugly out. We made it halfway through our run before it started raining. And even then, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Plus, rain makes us run fast!
THURSDAY: 4 Miles / 4 Miles. In an attempt to bring Ari down a notch I ran 4 miles with him as fast as I could possibly manage. Nope, he was still bouncing off the walls all day. Good try though.
FRIDAY: Rest Day / Rest Day.
SATURDAY: 17 Miles / 17 Miles. Best run ever! The weather was beautiful and my legs felt great. I was definitely tired at the end, but not dead like I was last week. If every run was like this I might never stop running. Oh, and did I mention we saw Swim Suit Man?? Yep, he has a new bathing suit... a lovely high cut blue number. Super hot.
SUNDAY: Cross Train / TBD. I've been bitten by the hangover bug and am not feeling too motivated at this point, but we'll see if I get to the gym to do the bike. Highly unlikely...
Total Mileage: 33 / 33
***Marathon Training Tip of the Week: Don't get discouraged! Training takes a long time. My plan is 18 weeks long. In just the 10 weeks I've completed I've had super fabulous weeks like this one where I feel like a rock star after every run, and I've had super crappy weeks where every run makes me feel like... crap. Its silly to think that every one of these 18 weeks is going to be awesome. Sometimes 11 miles will seem impossible while 17 feels great. Its important to focus on the good ones and forget the bad ones. If a week seems sucky and you aren't loving running, just remember that it has to change sometime. For me, all it takes is one good run to erase an entire week of bad. Keep your chin up and just keep chugging away!
1 comment:
Just what I needed to read after 2 back to back crappy runs! and I'm so intrigued by this swimsuit guy, I really need to see him. I just keep thinking about the chaffing!
Post a Comment