For my cookbook of the week I chose Southern Living Quick & Easy. My mother in law gave me this one, and let me tell you; she is a good cook. Sundays are my favorite day of the week because we go to the Gibson's for dinner. Fabulous food and my lovely family!
I decided to go with the Cajun Chicken Pasta for dinner tonight. It was definitely quick and easy but I had to make some adjustments. The recipe asked you to cook the chicken in 1/4 cup butter. Seriously?! That's a lot of butter for a little pound of chicken. I cut it in half. I also halved the amount of Half & Half called for to make the sauce. And I upped the veggies to make it a little healthier. Result: Yummy!
Disclaimer: I am not a photographer. I barely know how to upload photos to this blog. Seriously, it was good. It looks a little bland, but that's my photo skills, nothing to do with my cooking skills.
I fed this concoction to Drew and Brett after their softball game tonight. Hungry Boys verdict: good enough to make again! And after last week's cooking challenge verdict we know its honest! BTW, I have a freezer full of sweet potato biscuits. I just can't bring myself to waste food!
BONUS RECIPE!!!! Sunday dinner was switched from the Gibson's to the Clark's this week because the Clarks just bought a smoker that we HAD to try out. Best ribs I've ever had. Anyways, I was in charge of dessert and made a lovely New Fashioned Banana Pudding which also came from Southern Living Quick & Easy. It was delish!!!
Why? Because Southern Living had you switch out milk in the pudding recipe for Half & Half. I love the south. This time I didn't mess around trying to make the dish healthier. I don't believe in messing with dessert! This was my first time trying anything with a meringue and I was pleased as punch at how it turned out. 
2 comments:
another reason you and my mom should be best friends: she got to go see paula dean as her birthday present! not given to her by me, considering that was how i found out who paula dean was...
You have to read the book Julie and Julia, you would love it! Julie spends a year making everything from Julia Child's cook book. They are actually makng a movie about it. By the way, i am tryng to think of the perfect name for my blog. (i am so board!) Love you
Post a Comment