96.5 The Buzz does these Kegs & Eggs events where they have a band or musician come out SUPER early in the morning and do a live performance. Its usually at the Firefly Lounge in Westport and they serve beer and eggs. Hence the name. Sounds fun, right? Well, it isn't exactly doable for those of us with real jobs... good thing I'm not part of that crowd anymore!
This week the musician was Andrew McMahon from Jack's Mannequin. OMG! I love Jack's Mannequin. And lets be serious... Andrew is HOT!!! But honestly, I think you could put anyone behind a piano with a voice like that and I'd think they were hot. (Love you Drew!!!)
So what do you do for two hours while you wait? Well, you can eat eggs. Gross. Thankfully, the Buzz provided some great entertainment. They did a contest where you can Karaoke for concert tickets. They signed all these people up, but once they started the contest, the contestants realized it wasn't really Karaoke because there wasn't any music or words. It was just you and a microphone. I've got to give these people credit, they've got more guts than I'll ever have. The crowd was unruly and quite a few people were booed off stage. One guy came on stage in his khakis and button down shirt; clearly going to work after this... and ended up taking it all off except for his boxer briefs. I think that's when I realized I was way too old to be there! Another girl got up and sang her most provocative rendition of "I Kissed a Girl" and thankfully was booed off stage. Why do girls think that being trashy is hot?
After that was all over we finally got to see Andrew!!! After his performance he stuck around to take pictures and sign autographs. Somewhere on Facebook is a girl with a picture of Melinda, me, and Andrew. When I find that picture I will post it!!! And from now on I will carry my camera religiously with me at all times. What was I thinking???
No comments:
Post a Comment