Sunday, July 19, 2009

Marathon Training: Week 5 Recap

It was a good week of running! I did 3 of my 4 runs with friends, which makes a HUGE difference in the fun level! Don't tell Ari... I like running with him too, but Brooke & Kaitlin don't stop to pee on every bush we pass like he does. It makes for a much more productive run! Training schedule is in pink, my actual run is in purple. Duh.

MONDAY: Rest Day / 3 Miles. I don't like taking rest days on Mondays b/c I feel like it sets the wrong tone for the week. Plus I always find a reason not to run later in the week. I like to get stuff done while I'm still motivated!

TUESDAY: 3 Miles / 6 Miles. I met Brooke at 5:45 in the AM and we got poured on! It was seriously raining hard! To make matters worse, we coincidentally wore matching outfits this morning of pink Nike shorts and white tanks so it sort of turned into a wet t-shirt concert. Hot.

WEDNESDAY: 6 Miles / 4 Mile Walk. Not too exciting.

THURSDAY: 3 Miles / Rest Day. I actually did some yoga this morning... well, I did an On Demand Yoga video and I'm sure it was done completely wrong. But it was fun!

FRIDAY: Rest Day / 4 Mile Photo Run. Please see previous post for details. :)

SATURDAY: 12 Miles / 12 Miles. Holla! We ran a different part of the Indian Creek Trail than we usually do and it was fun to try something new. Brooke & I accidentally wore matching outfits again... I guess it was the week for that. It was a really good run, but by 11 miles I was SO READY to be done!

SUNDAY: Cross Training / Rest Day. I totally skipped the dreaded bike at the gym today... and now all of a sudden I have this awful pain in my left knee! Go figure. Maybe I'll hit the gym tomorrow for some bike time. Blech.

Total Mileage: 24 Miles / 25 Miles

Marathon Training Tip of the Week: Keep It Clean! If you are like me and train on a trail system, you are eventually going to have to bravely use a Porta Potty. Its inevitable. You can't run for multiple hours and not go to the bathroom. Porta Potty = Gross. I carry a Wet Ones Single in my fuel belt for such occasions. They make them individually wrapped... like they are made just for this purpose! You can even fold it up and fit it into the tiny pocket of your running shorts. It totally eases my mind when I wipe the sweat off my face, get a drink, or eat my mid-run snack after a porta visit.

OMG!!!! There was a Swim Suit Runner Man sighting this week!!! Brooke's hubby Bryan was riding his bike and saw our guy out for a jog, wearing his women's bathing suit! Bryan admitted he thought maybe we were either making it up or exaggerating until he saw the guy with his own eyes. For those who don't believe in the legend of Swimsuit Runner, go hang out on the trails by Corporate Woods on a Saturday or Sunday morning... you just might catch a glimpse!

1 comment:

Trophy Wife said...

I gotta see this swimsuit guy!

How was your fruit/veggie bin???