Friday, July 17, 2009

Plaza Run Photo Op

Kait and I scheduled a run for 8:00 this morning... our first run together since she started marathon training! After a Thursday night out we pushed it back a few hours. Beauty sleep is an important part of marathon training!

Kait took my advice and went to Gary Gribble's to get fitted for new shoes! Woo Hoo! She says they make her feel like she's running on clouds... but she's not crazy about the colors on the bottom of the shoe. Duh, no one sees the bottom of your shoe Kait! Well, now they do...
She also showed off her new Ipod mileage tracker thingy... I told her she couldn't take her Ipod on our run because I like to chat while I run.
Yep, I took my camera running. Kaitlin is like the queen of funny pics, and I think the last time we did this we were in Dallas wearing matching jogging suits that we later returned to the hotel gift shop. Here we stopped in front of Cupcake A La Mode and contemplated stopping for a cupcake. That counts as carb loading, right?



Hi Commerce! I'm running while you guys are working! But... you guys probably have money and purpose to your day.


Senior pics in front of the smallest pond ever with the biggest fish ever. Isn't she pretty? She's all grown up!



Kait showing off her super strong abs. Crap Kaitlin, everyone can see the bottom of your shoes!

Fail: Mill Creek Park sign says the loop is 1 mile. Garmin says 0.86. Not really that big of a deal, unless you're Kaitlin doing your marathon training on that loop. Nope, you sure didn't do 9 miles Kait. But good try.



We may be lacking in matching jogging suits, but we dressed in opposite top & bottom colors... total coincidence I swear! Side note, these pull-ups are completely faked. Neither one of us could even do one. Pathetic.
Excuse me Mrs. Cullen, we've got a few miles to go. Time to rise and shine!


Kaitlin reenacts the infamous puking in the fountain incident.
Oh how times have changed! When Kaitlin & I were roommates in college we had a rule that if we were awake after 11 PM we got to go to Taco Bell for a snack. We also had a shrine to our Cheez It habit. Side note; pretty sure I gained about 10 pounds that semester. And look at us now! We're being all healthy and working out. We didn't even stop for cupcakes on the way home!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

wow those track suits would have been perfect for training. too bad when we spent 40 bucks each on them we never intended to work out...

Jody said...

This post made my day and brought back all sorts of good roommate memories! You two are awesome!

Jamie said...

Ha ha! Jody experienced the Cheeze-It shrine first hand! Such a fun semester!!!