Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Mousse Pie

This week's cooking creation comes from your favorite bulk warehouse Costco! Yes, not only does Costco sell vats of olive oil and lifetime supplies of toothpaste, but they also have their own cookbook. Its full of plenty of ways to use the 30 pounds of cheese you just bought... or in our case the colossal jar of JIF.


Today is Meggy's birthday so last night we went out to Salty for some birthday fatness with a side of salsa. I invited the girls back to my house for dessert & Bachlorette!!! I made this awesome Costco Peanut Butter Mousse Pie ahead of time. It was super easy and didn't actually require any "cooking" just "chilling" in the freezer.

Everyone said it was yummy! Yea! Drew had me nervous because he said he didn't know if people like peanut butter pie. I think he had visions of me scooping peanut butter straight from the jar into a crust and calling it pie. Silly Drew.

I made the pie exactly as the recipe directed and I don't really have any complaints. The chocolate layer on the bottom was a little difficult to work with but ended up tasting good. The recipe called for a graham cracker crust but I definitely think it would be better with a traditional pie crust. I might even try making this into bars with a sugar cookie crust... sounds perfect for tailgating this fall!

I'm gonna have to go with something a bit healthier next week because I'm notorious for finishing off desserts after guests have left. That much peanut butter = tummy ache!!!

1 comment:

Trophy Wife said...

yum. And look at those fancy dessert plates. (I enlarged the photo, cause I'm creepy like that)