I've been having so much fun recovering from the race this week AKA not running. You'd think I'd fill my extra time with blogging. Not so much. I've been filling my time with freaking out over all of the crap I have to get done in the next two weeks before the semester ends. You'd think I'd learn my lesson and not procrastinate all semester and leave everything until the end. But really, this is my last semester of school. So I'm in no place to be learning new things.
Let's talk more about Dallas! Despite all my whining about the race, it was an amazing weekend spent with friends! We arrived Friday night and headed straight to the Burley house for some drinks and lots of catching up.
We spent some time decoding a message that Kait sent us. She also sent candy. That girl is the best.
 |
| Can you tell we're a little obsessed with Mean Girls? |
 |
| RBV = Red Bull Vodka. A terrible idea. |
Always fun to hang out with Lauren, but especially nice to have someone else around who is snapping photos of everything.
 |
| Blogger McBloggerson. |
I guess we had a lot of
drinkning catching up to do because we were up until 2:00 in the morning. Not the best idea when you are prepping for a marathon. But totally worth it.
The next morning started with breakfast tacos at Good 2 Go Tacos. OMG. The tacos were amazing. Amazing.
 |
| Katy loves her taco. |
I got way too excited for my taco which is totally obvious by the face I'm making. Friends, it was called the Honey Bear taco. You bet your ass I ordered it. Eggs, spinach, and goat cheese. Yum.
 |
| I'm one excited Honey Bear. |
Lauren wasn't messing around when it came to hydrating. Dallas is hot. We needed all the liquids we could get our hands on!
 |
| Thirsty. |
Let's have a moment: I love Lauren. I was so excited for her to run her first marathon and just plain ol' excited to spend time with her. That doesn't happen enough.
 |
| Love. |
And you know I love my KC gals. I take them for granted because I can see them whenever I want, but I really am blessed to have these girls in my life.
 |
| I love you, yo. |
 |
| What about me? |
We love you too Bret. Even though you took Lauren away from us.
 |
| Lo loves tacos. |
 |
| Pretty friends. |
 |
| More pictures of Lauren taking pictures. |
We spent the rest of the day shopping. Another bad idea before running a marathon is to walk all day in the heat. I made up for it by chugging water all day and spending most of my time in the bathroom. Lots of fun.
Our next stop was
life changing. I've heard all about
Crack Pink Berry and how super amazing it is. I didn't think I'd be that impressed. I mean, how much different from Peach Wave could it be?
Oh its different. I don't know what it was, but this stuff is good like whoa. It might have helped that I had them pile it high with every topping known to man, including a whole banana.
 |
| Yum. |
After spending some time relaxing at Casa de Burley we headed out to do some major carb-loading at
Patrizio's. I was just super impressed with the area. I saw shops I'd only heard of before. It was fancy, folks.
 |
| That's a Christian Louboutin behind us! |
 |
| Bellinis! |
 |
| Burleys! |
 |
| Bruschetta! |
 |
| Birthday Boy! |
From there we headed home for a good night's sleep. You know what happened on
Race Day so let's skip to the after race party. Brian was kind enough to spend his birthday with us so after the race the Burleys held a super fun Birthday BBQ.
 |
| Mexican Beer is great for refueling. |
 |
| Yea friends! |
Brian's sister Heather brought over what may have been the best 7-Layer Dip ever. Ever. Jaime made the mistake of sitting it down in front of us.
 |
| Best Dip Ever. |
 |
| That dip is done-dy like Al Bundy. |
 |
| Runners! |
It was fun to meet all of Jaime & Brian's Dallas friends. This guy got his beer stuck in a tree.
 |
| How did that happen? |
We gave Brian a bottle of champagne to celebrate turning 29 and finishing his half marathon.
 |
| Happy Birthday! |
AND, I was slightly obsessed with the Burley dog. Cooper is the largest dog I've ever seen and he is hilarious. If I could have fit him in my suitcase I probably would have tried to dog-nap him.
 |
| Cooper!!! |
 |
| Random texting photo. |
We may or may not have ended the night by watching The Notebook. I love my friends. We had such an amazing weekend! Thanks to the Burleys for putting us up and showing us such a great time!
2 comments:
Jamie - I love you friend! I had such a blast in Dallas and I can't wait to run another marathon with you. YOU ROCK!!
Yay, such a fun weekend! I love our friends!
Post a Comment