We had a little slumber party at Casa de Gibson last Friday. The bestie and her fam came up from Wichita for a wedding on Saturday, so they stayed with us on Friday night. This was our first slumber party since
Parker came along. Sam & Brady used to stay with us pretty often, which always made Ari a happy puppy. He has a
slight man crush on Brady. Which made me a bit nervous for him to meet Parker.
We started the night at BRGR. I still can't believe how popular this restaurant is! AND, we heard a rumor that the same people are opening a wine/small plates-type restaurant right around the corner. Score one more for PV!
 |
| Parker likes his reflection. |
 |
| Funny faces! |
 |
| How cute is his denim ensemble? |
 |
| My mommy-friends. |
 |
| We are hungry!!! |
Dinner was fabulous, as usual. I ordered the Portabella burger, as usual. I just can't find it in me to try something new.
I snagged a seat next to Parker... which meant I got to share food with him as well. Sam ordered him mac & cheese and it was the most gourmet looking thing ever. It had like 5 different cheeses and mushrooms and peas. Sam made him a tiny plate and then I'm pretty sure the two of us ate the rest.
 |
| Fancy Pants Mac & Cheese. |
And... my new obsession: Blue Moon. Best. Beer. Ever. I'm usually a Bud Light gal, but Blue Moon is so delicious! That orange juice makes it go down a bit too smooth.
 |
| Mmm... Blue Moon. |
 |
| "Who ate all my mac & cheese?" |
Drew and I also split a basket of onion straws. These are so good! But there is no possible way we could even eat this huge basket between the two of us. Its enough for a whole table!
 |
| Please forgive the poor photo quality. |
After dinner we headed home to put Parker to bed and have a few drinks. Poor little Parker was sound asleep in the guest room when Ari broke in and jumped in bed with him. Parker was
not happy to have such an aggressive night time visitor.
The next morning we relegated the pups to the outdoors while we had breakfast. Parker got to play with the puppies through the safety of the door.
After all the puppy time we decided to eat some breakfast. This kid is cute... even when he's showing me his breakfast.
 |
| More funny faces. |
 |
| Mmmm.... oatmeal! |
 |
| And there's the oatmeal. |
We had so much fun catching up with the Alexanders... and were so grateful that Ari didn't eat Parker! Love you guys!!!
2 comments:
Parker is so cute!! When I come back to KC, will you take me to BRGR? Also, is Elaine pregnant? Did I miss that memo?
Margo thinks kids want to be tackled/eaten too...
Post a Comment