Happy Monday! I was planning on posting this pasta salad recipe last week, but apparently we skipped Meatless Monday. Oops. So, tada: here's some pasta salad.
As much as I talk about it, I don't really "carb-load" before a race. I just try to focus on eating really well the week before and making sure I'm eating a normal amount of good carbs at each meal. This salad made with lots of veggies, beans, and whole wheat pasta sounded like just the thing for race week. I made a big batch and had it for lunch several days in a row.
Green Bean and Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta (1 1/4 cups)
- 4 ounces green beans, halved crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup canned red or kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
Method:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the green beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Toss the cooled pasta and green beans with the red beans, parsley, Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Happy {meatless} Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment