It's taper time! I'm maybe taking my taper a bit too seriously and barely ran at all this week. Rest is important, right? Here's what the week looked like:
Monday: Rest. Rest. More rest.
Tuesday: 5 miles, 46:36. And I did Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack. I fully believe that if you did that workout for 6 weeks, you'd have a 6-pack. I can't manage to do it more than every couple of weeks though. She's tough. :)
Wednesday: More resting.
Thursday: 3 miles and a yoga video. In more interesting news, I found myself drunk in front of the computer late at night when I opened an email that warned me that Hospital Hill Half Marathon prices would be going up on April 1st. I looked at the clock and it was 11:26. Only 34 minutes until the price increases!!!! I wasn't really planning on running this race, so that was a well-timed email on their part. I woke up the next day to find a confirmation email in my inbox... oops. I guess I'm running a half marathon in June.
Friday: Rest rest rest.
Saturday: And some more rest.
Sunday: 8 miles, 1:11:44. Hello wind and heat! This is the first training run I've done that was even remotely warm. And the wind didn't help either. I was dying! This has me scared because Jaime says that Dallas is super windy. And I'm pretty sure its warm there too. Is it ridiculous that this is just now crossing my mind?
Total Miles = 16
We leave for Dallas on Friday!!! I am so so so excited for the race, for the trip, for lots of fun girl-time (and time with Brian & Bret!). The game plan from here on out is: rest, hydrate, stretch, foam roll, eat some carbs, don't get drunk and do anything stupid like break an ankle. Yea Dallas!
3 comments:
Soooo excited for you to run Big D! And as for Hospital Hill...I plan to be there too. As I cheered for the runners at Rock the Parkway (in a vintage pink chiffon dress, mink stole and full length gloves), I realized I'm craving the fun 13.1. See you there! (and hopefully waaay sooner too)
Yay friend! I can't wait! It's gonna get crazy in the Big D this weekend!!
Good luck!!! Happy running!
Post a Comment