Friday, June 18, 2010

Cual es tu meta en la vida?

My lovely friend Kait is leaving tomorrow for Guatemala! She is going to be teaching school children there... in Spanish! Wow. Kait is for real my hero.

We went out last night for "Good Bye Beers":


The Moose has $1.50 beers on Thursdays. Any beer.


All of the pretty people were there:


Kait's friend Shae brought Kait a care package that we immediately started digging through:

All the essentials:

And then we found what we were looking for:

Gummy bears! Shae was recently in Germany and brought back lots of candy. What's up with the candy tasting so much better in Europe? I studied abroad before Kait and had to draw her a map of how to get to the candy store in our town because the gummies were unbelievable! I also included a map on how to find the local crack selling nuns.

More pretty people:

And yet even more pretty people:


My dinner of beer and gummies caught up to me in the form of squinty eyes:


My favorite brunettes:


This guy had on a shirt that said "Little Wayne for President". I don't know, I took a picture:

At one point we realized that we were the only people in the very crowded bar who weren't watching the NBA finals. Oops! I didn't even realize they were on! Katy was enthralled:

Our waitress made a comment about how we'd been there for a long time. She was right. Katy and I showed up a bit too early and stayed a bit too late:
Mis abuelos verdes:

Drew's friends were all at the Moose having "Good Bye Beers" for Joe who is leaving for Costa Rica!!! What a coincidence.

After the Lakers won, this guy put some money in the juke box and played Thriller:
Dude danced his little heart out. This guy knows I'm taking pictures of strangers:

Or he thinks I'm taking his picture because I'm a creepy stalker. It wouldn't be a bad guess.

Lots of love & prayers go out to Kaitlin! She's doing an amazing thing and I think she's incredibly brave to pursue big dreams! Let's just hope she doesn't get sucked into the center of the Earth.

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

Jamie- You blame me for making you gain weight in college, visit Taco Bell, and skip classes to hang out.

I blame you for making me study abroad, start a blog, and run a half marathon.

I take back my comment I made years ago. My kids would totally be able to hang out with your kids someday. As long as you would let your kids hang out with mine...