Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Bachelorette

My beautiful friend Melinda just got engaged to her boyfriend Nick! They went on a trip to Washington DC last week and he proposed on a rooftop overlooking the capital. So romantic! Check out the cute couple:


Of course we had to celebrate! And what better way to celebrate our newest bachelorette than by getting together to watch The Bachelorette??

Cheers to Melinda! She's practicing for all of the picture taking she'll be doing:
Cupcakes, carnations, and candles:

I did "white on white" cupcakes from the Cake Doctor because white seemed appropriate for the occasion. They did not disappoint! White chocolate cake topped with vanilla butter cream:


So yummy! Perfect to go with the pink champagne.

What wasn't perfect? I had a panic attack when I realized I only own four champagne flutes! I actually went to Crate & Barrel's website to see if they still stocked them... then I sadly remembered receiving a post card several months after the wedding saying that they were discontinuing the flutes and we should make sure to finish our set before they were all gone. We received so much glassware as wedding gifts that I guess I just assumed we would never need to purchase more... ever. Oops. So Kylie and I had our champagne served in champagne flutes from the Melting Pot.

Classiness:


Then my lovely friend Ari, who didn't act like a jackass all night (why is there not a font for sarcasm??) knocked a lovely flute off the coffee table and it shattered on the floor. It made my heart hurt. So I guess I'm in the market for new champagne flutes. Or maybe I'll just go to the Melting Pot and try to score some more of theirs.

Congratulations Nick & Melinda! My advice for a happy marriage is to complete your registry before you forget... and maybe add a couple of extra glasses, plates, champagne flutes, etc. if you plan on having dogs.

No comments: