Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 2010

New Year's has always been one of my least favorite holidays... for a few reasons. Okay, its a fun night to get dolled up and look all cute... but it is cold. I'm more likely to hibernate in the winter than run around in heels and a cute dress. It is expensive. $100 for open bar and appetizers at a crowded bar with 500 people you don't know... not my style. Bar hopping at the Plaza or Power & Light District? Okay, that involves both cold and expensive... definitely not my kind of night. I just feel like New Year's is always built up to be some fabulous evening and it turns out being a huge hassle instead. Now I know you're thinking I'm a grumpy old fun-hater... you're probably right.

I've been pleased as punch that the rest of the crew is catching up with my aversion to the traditional New Year's events and hosting their own parties instead! I'd so much rather ring in the new year with my favorite people than at some bar or club with a bunch of strangers. :)

My wonderful, fabulous friend Heather hosts a New Year's party every year in Wichita, but sadly we weren't able to make the trip this year. So we celebrated here with Drew's friends instead.

I knew it was going to be a super fun evening when they busted out Catch Phrase!!!



And when I was greeted at the door by a furry fellow:


Johnny Walker is a 6-month old puppy and he was such a sweetheart!!! He'd just run and jump on anyone's lap and cuddle:


The award for "Clue of the Night" goes to Joe Brown for "A complex carbohydrate that you pass around". Any guesses? It's a hot potato!



They had some serious track lighting in the kitchen... spotlight on me:



10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Cheers!!!!


And after midnight we returned to our game of Catch Phrase:


Here's hoping to a fabulous 2010! Anyone make any fun resolutions they want to share? My resolution is to play more Catch Phrase. I'm declaring 2010 the year of the Game Night. Get excited!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Sounds like an awesome New Year's. Brooke and I spent it watching a REALLY bad movie! I do have a few goals:

http://yoyomanadventures.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-years-resolutions-goals.html