By now you know my love for Jen Lancaster, right? I mean, I'm pretty much obsessed with all things Jennsylvania. She is my imaginary BFF.
Last weekend I made the 5 1/2 hour drive to Dodge City and Jess suggested I get an audio book to help me pass the time. I was surprised by the selection the Johnson County Library had in audio books, but totally freaked out when I saw Pretty in Plaid!!! I would drive to Dodge City and back a hundred times if it meant I could listen to Jen's hilarious stories! Yes, I call her Jen because we are BFF.
Pretty in Plaid is basically Jen's life story retold through what she happened to be wearing at the time. It started with stories from her childhood which mostly involved a Girl Scout sash, moved on to the teen years in her sweet Jordache jeans, and then on to my personal favorite part of the book: the college years, which are heavily centered around Jen's lavaliere. Anyone who has suffered through rush, on either side, will die of laughter at her stories of trying to get into a house, and even more so when she actually joins one and ends up as the nazi Rush Chair. Even though she doesn't sport a crescent moon tattoo or brown and mode, I like to envision her in the Gamma Phi basement screaming about the importance of sisterhood and proper dress code. We're sisters in my head.
If you haven't read anything by Jen Lancaster, I totally recommend you do! And if you don't have time to read, get the audio book! Its the lazy man's/Jamie's way to read!!!
Side Note: Dodge City is not the new Las Vegas, but it is making steps in that direction. Jess is working for the Boot Hill Casino & Resort and it is pretty dang cool... and not just for something in the middle of Western Kansas. While its no New York New York (my fave!), it is a pretty cool casino. Road trip??
2 comments:
oh oh oh! jamie...i meant to message you when I saw it. She will be in st louis May 13. I am TOTALLY there. nevermind its my dad's birthday. i think he will understand.
Yes! I saw that she was going to St. Louis and I told Jess we should use it as an excuse to visit you!!!
Post a Comment