It was snowing pretty good as we drove to church and had been for some time. We passed a man, looked around my age, as we drove who was running down Nall... in the snow... in short shorts!!! These are the people who make me feel like I'm not a real runner. Also, whoever said Catholic Mass is long, have you been to a Lutheran service? Holy Christmas it was long!
Drew's dad was born on Christmas so usually we go out to eat on Christmas Eve to celebrate his birthday. Our newest family member J-Man Jack, doesn't currently have the attention span or manners to go to a fancy restaurant. So instead we spent the evening at Drew's Aunt Nancy's house where we had food catered from Johnny Cascone's. That combined with cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, a wine tasting bar, and the best Christmas cookies ever (thanks Brooke!) made for one fantastic night.
Drew's cousin Todd and his wife Gayle just moved to Omaha from North Carolina, which means they are able to attend all these events. I hadn't had much of a chance to get to know them before and am so glad to get the chance now. Especially since Todd always seems to be the one pouring the shots at family gatherings like these.
One person who is probably glad I don't have access to the pictures from the night is Brooke. Bryan was a bit under the weather on Christmas Eve and Brooke took full advantage... by double and sometimes triple-fisting her holiday drinks. I heard she had to shovel snow to get rid of her hangover before Christmas brunch with Bryan's parents the next day. There is nothing I love more than Brooke with a drink (or a few)!
We had a white Christmas, if you didn't know. Drew and I have a tradition of making Monkey Bread and opening presents first thing in the morning. No pictures, no camera. Sorry! But my super wonderful hubs pre-ordered the first season of Glee for me! All you haters and non-watchers are invited over for a marathon of the best show ever.
We headed back to the Gibsons in the afternoon for Christmas dinner (delish) and presents! And I know ya'll are getting sick of reading my recaps without pics.... so lucky for you I got a new camera for Christmas!!! My Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS is teal. She's so pretty.
Of course Christmas was all about Jack this year. He sort of knew what was going on with the whole present opening thing... and good thing. Because Santa was good to the little man.
Santa was also good to Drew! Drew asked for tools for Christmas and Santa must have gotten confused and brought Drew new golf clubs. Those are tools, right? Here's Drew, thinking about trying them out in the snow:
Santa was also good to Bryan! He received a brand new Tickle Me Elmo! Yea Bryan! I know its what you've always wanted!!!
And, more cuteness from the J-Man:
That hat isn't from Santa. Its from Aunt Jamie. How stinking cute is he?!? To get your own awesome kids wear, check out the best children's boutique in KC, Mady & Me!!!
We all (the girls) got really excited when we saw that Santa brought Cheryl a Tivol box. Doesn't get much more exciting than that, right?
Jack, you need to put on your chaps and boots if you're going to be riding that horse around all day!
After we'd opened all of our gifts we headed downstairs where Jack tried out another one of his gifts. To Brooke's delight this one was "some assembly required." Its okay, Elmo is here to help.
Wine... and more important; dessert! Since it is Tom's birthday he always gets his favorite desserts; German Chocolate Cake and Pineapple Pie. I had never had Pineapple Pie before, but Brooke makes one each year for her dad and I think we all agreed that she totally perfected if this year. So good! Lots of wine:
And we got to try out our new toys too! I'm not a big video game person but Super Mario Brothers is awesome! And I actually know how to play thanks to countless hours doing so as a kid.

Who does marketing for Nintendo? Because they are seriously genius. I feel like everyone now has the tradition of spending the holidays playing Wii together. Whoever came up with that... total genius. That guy needs a raise.
Who does marketing for Nintendo? Because they are seriously genius. I feel like everyone now has the tradition of spending the holidays playing Wii together. Whoever came up with that... total genius. That guy needs a raise.
Such a good Christmas! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life to spend the holidays with! I hope you all had an equally fabulous Christmas! I'm off to play with my new camera. :)
2 comments:
love the hat you got Jack, I totally recognized Mario in the first picture before you started talking about it because it's all we've done ALL break, and AMEN to the Lutheran church service putting Catholic Mass to shame! I've spent years trying to explain to people that Catholic Mass and Catholic Weddings are not that long...including to people in Chris' family. A few years ago I attended my first Lutheran Service for Christmas. It was almost 2 hours! I almost died.
So sad...Christmas is over :(. It was certainly an awesome one and I feel the same to be so lucky to spend it with such amazing people!
Post a Comment