Running, Randomness, and Wine
Day six was a little bit random. We were fully exhausted from the the previous day of hiking, so I let Drew sleep in while I went for a little run.
 |
| Holy Cloudiness. |
It was the cloudiest day ever. The clouds were so low that they covered the mountains. They looked more like large hills than mountains. But it was still beautiful.
 |
| Cloudy, beautiful Switzerland. |
I arrived back at our B&B and quickly showered so we could hit the breakfast buffet. Both Drew & I were so in love with our bed & breakfast. We talked to the owner every morning and every evening. She even blessed me before we went skydiving. My favorite part was the breakfast buffet though! She said it was a traditional Swiss breakfast. It was lots of cheese and bread. So... yeah, I was happy.
 |
| The buffet. |
The buffet also had some fruit and meats, so Drew was able to eat too.
 |
| Things Drew Ate. |
I stuck with the bread & cheese. Seriously, I ate a lot of cheese that weekend. Also, Nutella packets? Do we have those in the states?!? Seriously genius.
 |
| Happiness right there. |
The best part of breakfast was the coffee. It was the absolute best coffee either of us ever had. The owner would grind the beans right before she brewed the coffee. She'd bring it out in a little tiny pot with another little tiny pot of steamed milk for me. We couldn't get over how good it was.
 |
| Best Coffee Ever! |
The rest of the day was spent exploring the town of Interlaken. I studied abroad in a little Spanish town called Ronda, and Interlaken reminded me so much of that town! We be-bopped around town doing a little shopping, exploring all things Swiss, and tasting all the chocolate
we I could.
 |
| So cloudy... Where's our mountain?!? |
I wasn't really excited about the whole Swiss Army Knife thing, until I saw the ridiculous selection available. Why wouldn't I want portable silverware?!?
 |
| Fantastic Invention. |
We thought it was really fun to go into McDonald's on our trip and see what was offered in the different countries. Switzerland had Toblerone McFlurries! How do we get those?!?
 |
| Bagel Burgers? |
It was a pretty uneventful day. But we had fun. Don't we always?
 |
| I love Switzerland. |
If you're wondering, yes I am wearing the same outfit as the day before. Thank you for noticing.
We ended our last day in Switzerland with two (!) bottles of wine and more chocolate. We had a very early train to Paris the next morning, so that second bottle of wine probably wasn't a good idea. But it led to some pretty funny conversations between the two of us. Have I mentioned how much I love Drew? He's the best.
 |
| My main man... with too much wine. |
Saying goodbye to our view. Too bad we can't actually see the mountains through the rain and clouds.
 |
| We love you Switzerland! |
Lessons Learned:
1. Swiss breakfast is good breakfast.
2. McFlurries are loved the world over.
3. One bottle of wine is probably enough... especially if you have an early train.
No comments:
Post a Comment