This snow is seriously starting to cramp my style. Wednesday night dinner got pushed back to Thursday... which doesn't even make any sense.
I've never really been a big fan of Chinese food, but I've recently changed my mind. I think I just associated Chinese food with Hunam in Aggieville and Drew's ridiculous obsession with Panda Express ----> nasty.
It turns out that if you go to a real restaurant, Chinese food is totally delish. This week we* decided to go to Bo Lings for some tasty dinner.
| Fabulous. |
Again, poor Mr. Cade was the only guy at dinner. Lucky for us he's such a lady's man.
| Case in point. |
I really liked Bo Lings! After we ordered our food, the waitress brought out what I guess was the Chinese version of Chips & Salsa.
Someone described the "chips" as crab rangoon without the filling. So true. I've never been to a Chinese restaurant that does this! I was definitely pleased.
| Spicy Sauce. |
Everyone's food looked super yum. I resisted the urge to suggest that we all pass our dinner around and taste test each others.
| Melinda's dumplings look super good. |
Kaitlin ordered fried rice which started us on a debate about how to best make homemade fried rice. That egg can get pretty tricky.
| Yum. |
Really really good. I really like fried tofu. I know that totally defeats the purpose of it being sort of healthy, but it is so good. I took half home, hoping for Friday lunch, but Drew arrived home at the same time and claimed it for his dinner. Everyone likes fried tofu.
The only problem I had with Bolings, or Chinese food in general I guess... what do you drink with it? Beer & wine don't really sound good... and I don't really drink anything else. Except Diet Coke. So that's what I went with.
Anyways, if you are looking for good Chinese in Kansas City, Bo Lings is definitely worth a try! I say this like it is a new restaurant or something. I'm pretty sure it has been in KC forever and they have like a thousand locations. So you've probably already been there. Good for you. How'd you like it?
| Chinese Please! |
*By we I mean me. Best part of coordinating our monthly dinner is that I get to eat what I'm craving. This is the best job I've ever had.
5 comments:
Love Bo Lings! There is one located right down the street from my parents house...delish!
Also, I vote that Jana's grey boots are the cutest.
I think you're supposed to get Sake (or Saki... no idea how to spell that) with Chinese. No thank you.
I love Bo Lings! There is one in the River Market right by my office that we go to quite often. If you like spicy food, try the Gong Bao Chicken. Delish!
Wait, I'm an idiot. Sake is Japanese, right? :)
Panda Express is amazing.
Post a Comment