Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Am Not a Skinny Runner

Trophy Wife recently did a fun post about blogging... and listed some fun facts that her "Stats" bar gives her.  This got me thinking... I love my stats bar.  It tells you all kinds of fun stuff; such as:
  • The most commonly searched words that lead people to my blog are: "skinny runner", "skinny runner blog", and "how to be a skinny runner".
  • My most viewed page is a post that I did last Spring entitled, "Skinny Runner Wannabe" where Brooke and I were acting like big dorks, taking pictures of ourselves and trying to be just like our favorite blogger.
  • The most clicked on link on my blog is to the blog Skinny Runner.
All of these wonderful facts from the stat bar lead me to make the following conclusions:
  • Google is seriously doing wrong by some folks by sending them this way.  I can only imagine the disappointment when someone clicks on my link expecting to read all about a fast, skinny gal, and instead they get to read about a pear-shaped, slowish, dog-obsessed* gal.
  • The majority of my readership is here by mistake.  More people are coming here in search of tips on being a skinny runner than are actually interested in pictures of Drew eating meatless on Mondays, Ari's shenanigans, or my most recent attempts at burning down the kitchen.
  • The rest of you who do come here on purpose are probably only using me as a way to get to the real Skinny Runner website. 
In light of these findings, I'd like to clear up a few things:
  • If you are here by mistake because you Googled "Skinny Runner" or something similar, I won't be offended if you leave immediately.  There's nothing here for you.  My baking offsets my running, resulting in "skinny" being next to impossible.  But if your interests extend to crazy dog ladies, ex-sorority girls who drink too much, or incredibly boring couples who eat too much ice cream; then please stick around!
  • If you are here on purpose, but just to get to the link to click to Skinny Runner's blog, I'm not mad at you.  It's my favorite blog too.  If I had only enough time to read one blog post in my incredibly busy day (ha) I'd choose her over me too.  So go on, click away.
  • I feel compelled to share more tips on being skinny, since that's obviously what you're here for.  How about this:  Don't listen to a word I say.  That's a good start.
Good stuff.  Stuff that we would never know were it not for the Blogger Stats bar.  So... thanks Blogger, for keeping me honest and not deluding me into thinking I'm super popular or something crazy like that.

*Okay, so there are some similarities.

4 comments:

Some kind of Jennifer said...

Okay, so that was fun! I've never looked at my blogger stats. And you are a skinny runner...at least when you're running next to me :)

Krista said...

Ha ha! You crack me up! I didn't think it could get any better until I read your label "I'm a tool". LOL! I don't have my blog searchable in Google. Should I?

Trophy Wife said...

I loved this. Mostly when you called yourself pear shaped, AGAIN. You aren't pear shaped. You're "athletic" remember? And being athletic shaped makes you: a skinny runner. Jackpot!

Jamie said...

T-Dub & Jen - I actually tell myself that I'm a skinny runner all the time; usually while eating ice cream.

Krista - YES! Seeing what searches lead to your blog is really funny. For instance, someone just landed here after searching, "how to dress an athletic man". Awesome. I'm sure they found what they were looking for.