Sunday, February 13, 2011

Skinny Jack

I hadn't seen Jack in a few weeks so I was shocked at the waif of a two year old that was at our Valentine's Dinner last night.  He's so skinny!  All traces of chunk are gone.  I asked him how he got so skinny, but then I saw his dinner and decided it must be the new diet.

Salad & Fruit Smoothie.
 But, it turns out he was saving himself for dessert.  He fits into this dessert-loving family just like I do. 

***Disclaimer:  the following is a ridiculous amount of photos of Jack eating dessert.  That's all.  You've been warned.

Cheryl made a cheesecake with a ganache topping (!!!) so to keep Skinny Jack entertained while she cut into it, we gave him the tin foil that was covered in chocolate. 

"Nom nom nom"

"My fingers are delish!"

"I feel like there's a quicker way to get this chocolate in my mouth."

"Yep.  This is way better."

"MMMM!"

"Is there something on my face?"

"Did I get it???"

"I am so cute and hilarious."

"I need sweets or I'll get grumpy!"

"Oh hey, Grandma left lots of good stuff in this spring form pan."

"Of course I know what a spring form pan is!  I love to bake with mom."

"Oh please oh please give me some cheesecake!"

"This is so good.  I wish our basketball team was as good as this cheesecake."

"What?  I'm just sayin'..."

Finally he finished off the spring form pan and got his very own piece of cheesecake.  Unfortunately the thought-process was already there...

"Cheesecake!!!"

"Huh.  Seems like this would be easier to eat if I..."

"Slurp slurp slurp!"
Can I just say that I am so happy to have someone around who has worse table manners than me?  This kid takes all the attention away from me spilling wine down the front of me or dropping salad in my lap. 

Also fun:  If you ask Jack what the Jayhawks say, he rubs his eyes and cries, "Wah wah wah!"  It is hilarious.

2 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

Oh man, I was already clicking out of reader to comment on that basketball joke and THEN I got to the jayhawk comment. Love it. Go State! And he does look skinnier. Ya know, since the last time you posted a photo of him.

Brooke said...

I am glad Jack's favorite aunt Jamie blogs about Jack since his mother is a slacker :)