Sunday, February 27, 2011

Big D: Week 12

Ummm... not a lot of running this week.  I am tired.  For real.  I guess that's what taper weeks are for. 

Monday:  4 miles outside.  The puppy has gotten pretty spoiled with all the running in this gorgeous weather!

Tuesday:  Yoga, 30 minutes bike, Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack.  Pretty good day of cross-training.

Wednesday:  8 miles.  I was so tired!  This was like the slowest run ever.  But I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.  It. Was. Awesome.

Thursday:  Yoga.  Holla.

Friday:  12 miles.  In the snow.  I had a Girls on the Run meeting on Thursday afternoon, before it started snowing, and Coach Brittany told me she was running 10 in the morning.  So I said I'd go with her.  She is way hard-core, so I knew she wouldn't back out when it started snowing.  I was really wishing for the treadmill, but it ended up being  a pretty fun run.

Meeting Point.

This is f-ing crazy.

Across from Loose Park.

Ward Parkway.

This tree is a little low.
We had a lot of fun.  It was cold, but the time flew by... especially because Brittany is a fast runner! 

Saturday:  Nada. 

Sunday:  Nothing.  Unless being hungover counts as cross-training.  No? 

Total:  24 miles. 

Goal for this week:  Go to bed!  I haven't been getting much sleep and I can't imagine that its good for my running.  Can I please get some more of that nice weather?  This snow makes me want to puke.

1 comment:

Lauren Grier said...

I love running in Loose Park while it snows!

Friend, I don't know about you but I am exhausted from all of this running. I seriously could not muster up the strength to run this week. Ahhh! I hope this coming week will be better:)