I get lost easily. For some reason I always think I know where I'm going... until about half way there I realize I have absolutely no idea. But, I feel that as my husband for almost four years now, Drew should know this about me. And he should insist that we Mapquest things before we leave.
This weekend we were out and about, finishing up some Christmas shopping. We were on the Plaza and I got Drew to agree to lunch at Lulu's and a stop by Thistle. Really I wanted to go to Thistle and I knew it was right next to Lulu's. And I knew where Lulu's is because I always see the sign when I'm driving around downtown. So I figured I could find both. I was wrong.
After driving up and down the streets of downtown KC looking for a little cartoon asian girl on a building, we were about to call it quits (our Thistle search, not our marriage) when Drew spotted Lulu! We parked and walked all around the building looking for Thistle. I swear Lauren said it was right next door. I was very disoriented.
So we put off our search and headed back to Lulu's for some noodle-goodness. We split the Pad Thai. It was so good I did the happy fork dance... with chopsticks.
| Happy Chopsticks. |
We also shared a plate of dumplings: half pork, half veg. The waitress asked us the most ridiculous question: "Fried or steamed?"
Fried. Always fried.
| Fried dumplings. |
| Drew don't know jack about tofu. |
We started getting crazy and dipping everything in the chili sauce. Whoa, that stuff is hot. Hot!
| Holy Hotness Batman! |
Drew inquired again as to what Thistle is. As I'm not exactly sure, I started off by saying, "Well, it isn't an antique store..." which immediately set him off. Drew holds a grudge against antiques ever since I made him walk around the Mission Antique Mall with me and he got super creeped out by some super creepy stuff.
So I tried to back-peddle and describe how Geri has the most amazing vintage stuff in her house and she can make old furniture into new and she is totally awesome. Maybe I didn't do it justice because Drew said it sounds like a hippie store. Then he explained that there are two things he hates in this world...
| Antiques & Hippies. |
Back to Lulu's. So now you know I think it is wonderful and fabulous and probably couldn't get any better, right?
BUT WAIT!!!
| Oh no they didn't. |
Our super-friendly waitress gave us directions to Thistle and explained that Lulu's had just moved last week to a new location. That's why I was so lost and confused! I knew I wasn't that directionally challenged.
We made our way around the corner and spotted it!
| Ta da! |
Anyone want to join me for some Thistl-ing in January? I know just how to get there!
3 comments:
Isn't LuLu's the best?!! Yummo!
I am sorry that Thistle wasn't open:( Definitely, go back in Jan!
My stomach hates you right now.
I loved everything about this post! So funny. Especially Drew hating Hippies and you calling out the compost bin.
Post a Comment