Monday, December 6, 2010

10 Reasons You Should Be Watching Glee

  1. To hear what Brittany is going to say.  My favorite Brittany quote: "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"
  2. To see what everyone is wearing.  Talk about cardigan overload.  Even Mr. Schuester wears them!  Add the abundance of Mary Janes and you're in Jamie Fashion Land.
  3. The mean girls.  Quinn has stepped down and Santana is shining as the new Queen Bee.  But let's not forget the true McKinley high mean girl: Sue Sylvester.
  4. The football coaches.  Ken Tanaka, with his shorty-shorts and blood-shot eyes was one of my favorite characters in season one.  Alas, he couldn't stick around after Emma broke his stoner heart.  Who better to take over the football team than Coach Beiste, the burley, never-been-kissed, beast of a woman?
  5. The Celibacy Club.  Okay, I think it was disbanded after the president got knocked up, but come on!  "Let's pair up for the immaculate affection.  Remember, if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry."  That's funny stuff right there.
  6. The warm bodies.  Jacob with his jew-fro and gossip blog VS Lauren Zizes, who apparently has some mad 7 minutes in heaven skills, with her candy addiction and sweet wrestling moves.  I give it to Lauren for her ability to psych herself up before going on stage.
  7. The guest stars.  Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristin Chenoweth... all add so much to the show not only through their amazing voices, but also their serious ability to make me laugh.  When Gwyneth yelled, "This can't be my baby because I don't love it!" I nearly died of laughter... and of peeing my pants.
  8. It inspires thought-provoking conversation.  Last night at family dinner we had an in-depth conversation about who is the hottest girl on Glee.  Brooke and I agreed its totally Quinn.  Santana seems to have more appeal with the men. 
  9. To feel represented!  Who doesn't Glee include?  Geeks, gays, Jews, Asians, the mentally disabled, the physically disabled, people with OCD, women who only wear track suits, women who only wear J. Crew, men with curly hair, girls who wrestle, girls with elevated self-esteem, principals who act as janitors... are you not on this list?  Watch the show!  I'm sure you're represented in there somewhere.
  10. For lesson planning purposes.  I had a final tonight in which I had to present a lesson plan I'd written.  As you know I typically try to squeeze a photo of the pooches into any school presentation I do.  I decided to switch things up this time and build my lesson plan around clips from Glee.  Yes, my teacher was super impressed.  And yes, my students are going to love me. 
I'm on a mission to convert some Glee-haters tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

Let's share!  What's your all-time favorite Glee moment? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

PS Did you knwo Kristin Chenoweth is a GPHI? Yep, that should be Reason #7 A.

Lauren Grier said...

My new favorite Brittany quote.."Tater Tots look like fried deer poop."

Love this show!

Delaney Mae said...

Santana = hands down the hottest. No contest.