Happy Meatless Monday all! It's finals week, which means I'm busy (mostly with telling people how busy I am) which means we're doing a recipe-less recipe again this week. It's a fave around the Gibby house though. I'm not kidding. Drew sang when I told him what we were having. He has a lovely voice.
| The Diller Machine. |
I love that story.
Where were we?
Ah yes, quesadillas. I'm pretty sure we had these once a week our first year of marriage. Now that I'm more confident in the kitchen we don't bust out the diller maker very often. If it were up to Drew we'd have dillers every night.
You can fill your diller with pretty much anything you want. As long as you have tortillas, beans, and cheese you're good to go. We added a little grilled onion and pepper to give them a fajita flair.
| You're gonna need way more cheese than that. |
I like to slather the beans on the bottom tortilla then do the actual building while it sits on the open machine.
| One time I forgot the top tortilla and closed it like this. Messy. |
I like my quesadillers nice and brown. One way to make them crispy and golden (and taste even more delicious) is to butter the outside of the tortilla. We're feeling a bit heavy over here at the Gibson house so I opted to spray it with Pam instead. It did the job.
| Beautiful! |
Serve it up with salsa, sour cream, guac, whatever you've got.
| We just had salsa. |
| I'm so happy. |
| Ari wants a diller too. |
| Alright, now you're just being silly. |
Happy {meatless} Monday!
2 comments:
I want that.
I thought Drew was in Florida? Your Meatless Mondays confuse me.
Post a Comment