Hi friends! Did everyone enjoy their holiday weekend?! I maybe enjoyed it a bit too much... in the form of sugar cookies and pie. Whatevs...
It was a taper week in my training plan... so not much running to offset all the eating. The new year can't come soon enough! Here's what the last week looked like:
Monday: Spinning at 5:45 in the morning. So worth getting up early for. Yoga Flow later in the evening. I flipping love yoga. Love.
Tuesday: 5 miles outside. I somehow forgot it was cold out and went running without my gloves. I looked like a fool.
Wednesday: 3 miles on the treadmill & 30 minutes on the elliptical. I ran into Katy at the gym and snagged an elliptical next to her. I don't know how good a workout I got, but time flies when you have someone to chat with!
Thursday: More yoga. This class was deep stretch. I don't even know what to say about it. So many stories from one little class. The teacher thought I have scoliosis and also asked if Brooke and I are sisters based on our similar lower backs. Interesting day at Darling Yoga.
Friday: 6 miles on the treadmill - 52:58. There were a ton of people at the gym! I guess everyone was planning on going after the Christmas cookies later that night too.
Saturday: Does opening gifts count as a workout? No? How about eating Monkey Bread? I may have worked up a sweat with the Monkey Bread.
Sunday: 3 miles SLOW on the treadmill. Drew made his come-back to the gym tonight, so I had to accompany him. And I had to do damage control after all those cookies. :)
Total Mileage: 17 miles.
I ran four times this week! Woot woot! My knee feels good too. Next week's long run is eleven miles... the longest I'll have run since the whole knee injury running hiatus. Hopefully I can wrangle the strength to get it done outside. This weather is not awesome.
Now... back to those cookies.
1 comment:
Yay friend! I am glad you had a good week of training!
Post a Comment