Hi there Monday! Today I'm pretending to be a single gal since Drew isn't around to eat dinner. This recipe is all my own... and something that I love love love to eat. It only requires two ingredients:
 |
| Sweet Potato + Seasoned Black Beans |
This is the quickest, easiest dinner you will ever make. I may love this combo a little too much: One time I was on the phone with
Sam telling her that Drew was out of town and she said something along the lines of, "Oh I bet you're so excited to eat sweet potato and black beans for dinner." When you love something you love something (oh please, you know Sam eats black beans and corn for like every other meal... same thing!).
So here's the "recipe":
Step 1. Wash your tater and pierce it several times with a fork. Stick it in the microwave for about 5 minutes. This guy was
huge so he took close to 7 minutes to cook through.
 |
| We don't need a sweet tater explosion. |
Step 2: Drain, but do not rinse your black beans. Heat about 1/2 cup in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
 |
| Don't rinse off the flava-flave. |
Step 3: Top half your tater with the beans. Enjoy!
 |
| Voila. |
If you are feeling extra crazy, you can add additional toppings like cheese (cheddar or feta is good!), or salsa, or broccoli, or anything you like really.
 |
| Plus plain Greek yogurt. |
Step 4: Feed sweet potato scraps to White Dog.
 |
| Must. Eat. Tater. |
White dogs love sweet potatoes. How did I discover this fact? It was when Mya ate 3 whole organic sweet potatoes in a matter of minutes when my back was turned. Did I mention they were raw? That's sweet potato love right there.
 |
| Got any more in there? |
Step 5: Clean up any messes that may be on the floor. The white dog can handle this step easily.
 |
| Mmm! Floor potato! |
Aaannndd... that's it for Meatless Mondays this week. Not every meatless meal has to come from a recipe, right?
Oh and btw, Drew would never eat this. That's why I wait until he's gone. Dude would be running for McDonald's so fast if I tried to serve this for dinner.
Happy {Meatless} Monday!
1 comment:
I love when Bret is gone and I get to cook whatever I want!
By the way, cute silver flats. Very fetch.
Post a Comment